HH Expd Asm or DIY or WBBB or .....
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images

Have made a couple of stoves now and.....

Have made a couple of stoves now and was wondering what your favorite alcohol stove is? I have made my stoves from a alum. beer bottles (copy of mbd BIOS & whitebox) & have been very happy so far. 1oz of fuel burns approx 7min & boils 16oz in about 4+ depending on conditions. I guess my real question is with all the designs what is the best/most user freindly,has the fastest boil time, & the longest run time per oz of feul? Thanks Jeff.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I still love my pepsi can stove. One night at work we had a pepsi can stove making party. About 5 of us made 30 or so stoves just for fun.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    jeff... i hate to be the one to have to point it out (where's just jeff when you need him<g>) but the idea of hammock forums is to keep this web site focused primarily on hammocks & the items that are directly associated w/ them.
    check this out for a more detailed explanation...
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=473

but there's also another thread in the non-hammock section of the forums that was started before just jeff pointed us back towards hammocks in the above thread. it has quite a few posts on people's stove thoughts. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    Also, head over to Whiteblaze.net and check out the DIY forums there. Lots of folks with lots-o-experience making stoves and they love to talk about it.

This is a sister site of Whiteblaze, and that's why the more focused theme. Guess they got tired of hammockers taking up their bandwidth .
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    HH Expd Asm or DIY or WBBB or .....
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    Sorrry if I have ruffled any feathers or commited any unforgivable sins being new to this site & not knowing all the rules. I have asked my question in Whiteblaze & will continue to keep discussion here more hammock related.

Could someone help direct me to where I can read up on the rules & regs of this site? I think that may be where Slowhike was trying to direct me but in tring to go there I get this message:

jeffjenn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm guessing this is because of my (junior member) status???

Thanks for any help. Jeff

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest &amp; DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Not to worry. As long as it is hammock or hammock system related (ie. hammocks, tarps, hammock suspension, keeping warm in hammocks, trips with hammocks, etc.) there is no problem. There is a lot of great info here and I hope you take advantage of it.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The non-hammock section on this website is a subscription forum. It's free...just go into your User CP from the link on the menu bar at the top of the page. Then look for Group Memberships and check the appropriate boxes. That'll give you permission to access the other threads.

The only unforgiveable sin here is converting back to a ground dweller...and even then we'll let you camp with us. Sometimes.

But other than that...there are plenty of non-hammocking hiking sites so we'd like to keep this one focused on hammocks. Otherwise, it'll be just another hiking site.

Welcome to the site! Hope to meet you at one of the campouts.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    no ruffed feathers at all.
    here's an earlier thread if you want to see what some of the other hammockers had to say about stoves...
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ghlight=stoves
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    If I remember correctly, T-back had a really cool alcohol stove beer can set up. It used a shoe polish can with Kevlar wick. There was an inner ring sitting inside the polish can. The Kevlar wick sat in between the ring and the can. Then there was Kevlar wick laid on the bottom (to help soak up alcohol. The beer can sat snug in the inner ring, and the flames came up the side of the beer can. I think he actually used fiberglass for bondo instead of Kevlar. I have been meaning to copy this set up.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjenn View Post
    :Could someone help direct me to where I can read up on the rules & regs of this site? I think that may be where Slowhike was trying to direct me but in tring to go there I get this message:

jeffjenn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm guessing this is because of my (junior member) status???

Thanks for any help. Jeff
    No, I got the same message. I'll try that "subscription" trick that Jeff mentioned.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 09-24-2007 at 07:47.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast