Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    We need to get you out more, Cannibal. Your record is broken.
    Don't I know it!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    i know stormcrow makes a summer quilt not sure on the weight ....

i'm going to be starting my new UL quilt this week my goal is to keep it under 12oz...
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkpol View Post
    I have the full length GG Thinlight but was wondering if I should cut it? The whole thing is 1.8oz. Was thinking about getting a thicker version and cutting it for a backpad to fit in my ULA conduit.
    Heh!! I haven't cut mine yet. It's so light, I just double or triple fold it and stick it in between layers on my WBBB 1.1 double layer.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Keep in mind that the 3S Yeti is for Colorado's three seasons (20F) rather than near-sea-level east coast three seasons. Based on reports of its effectiveness, I'd feel comfortable taking a 3S Yeti on most winter trips on the east coast. Especially if I had a small CCF sit pad to supplement, just in case. (which I carry anyway)
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.0
    Tarp
    Cuben MLD Hex
    Insulation
    Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Keep in mind that the 3S Yeti is for Colorado's three seasons (20F) rather than near-sea-level east coast three seasons. Based on reports of its effectiveness, I'd feel comfortable taking a 3S Yeti on most winter trips on the east coast. Especially if I had a small CCF sit pad to supplement, just in case. (which I carry anyway)

Yeah, most of my hiking is in SoCal. I think "3 season" would be fine around here during winter unless I go up to the Sierras.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Noticible absent from your list for three season UL UQ, including fractional quilts is the JRB Mt Washington 3 Short...It is 20* rated, the temp lowest rated of the lot and 14 oz.

Best news is they are on the shelf and not made when ordered...order one day and have it routinely three day later or less.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Weight will be somewhat variable for each person depending on how the UQ is attached. Also, you may choose to leave all of the shockcord attached to give you more options for hanging, or you may trim it to one particular setup. I use the silnylon V's that Hangnout designed, and it allows me to use less shockcord. As-shipped, including the V suspension, stuffsack, and the full length of shockcord it was 15.75 ounces. But don't take that as the final weight. I haven't yet trimmed my excess shockcord, but I think I can get it down to a little over 14 oz.

It is rated to below freezing, but I haven't tested it that cold. It was spring when I purchased mine.

I'm really happy with it!

Salty
    Salty answered this better than I could for Leighs V2 3season UQ The V1 quilts were lighter but not as user friendly. The V2 quilt weighs approx 12.5 oz with the 4 linelocs, end adjustment shockcord, and 2 cord locks on ends. Add your suspension cord weight and stuff sack to be somewhere in the the range Salty described.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Love my yeti's... Winter got mine down to 3* (not super comfy but it did the job) and the 3 season I was comfortable in it up to 65* then I was super toasty and got the 3 season down to 38* and was comfortable.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Noticible absent from your list for three season UL UQ, including fractional quilts is the JRB Mt Washington 3 Short...It is 20* rated, the temp lowest rated of the lot and 14 oz.

Best news is they are on the shelf and not made when ordered...order one day and have it routinely three day later or less.

Pan
    Well said!! I love my Mount Washington 4 full length UQ for Minnesota Winter!! JRB makes good stuff!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    MWUQ4 got me to subzero with no cold spots...snugged right up to the hammock. If the MWUQ3 performs just as well (and the reports say it does but I haven't tried one), it's definitely a solid contender!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast