Thread: ENO ProFly

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

ENO ProFly

i am looking for a tarp (it'll be my first) and came across this one. It is 12x9.5 and its a decent price. I already have an ENO doublenest and really like it so I thought I would check out and see what ENO had for tarps. Anyone have this or know anyone who has it? I've never seen anyone talk about or mention it.

Hammock
    WB BlackBird DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    WB Yeti 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm sure that others will chime in before long, but the consensus on this tarp is that it is totally worthless! The cat-cuts are far too large, meaning that the coverage is awful. Save your money and buy something else!

...actually, I take that back. I just googled the profly, and it seems to be a different tarp from the one everyone hates (which has three tie-outs per side, not two). The one you're referring to looks decent, but it's a little hard to tell from the stock photos alone....

best of luck!
    Fiat Luchs

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    I have an ENO ProFly. I also started with an ENO Doublenest. You're left with ~1" per end. Great if you KNOW it's not going to rain.

The pics on their site now look slightly different from mine, which has a cat cut on both ends.

The tarp sat until I made a shorter hammock to fit under it. I now carry this set as an emergency shelter in my day pack. If it rains, you really have to hunker down.
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    The Dry Fly is the tarp with the huge cut outs. The Pro Fly seems more like the traditional fly.

I have heard a lot of people making their own tarp. I am guessing this option is much cheaper and just as effective but I dont know there I would start in making one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    A DIY trap is a very doable opition. Its great way to experiment and try different things or to get a tarp exactly like you want it. But do not assume that it will be cheaper. By the time you fingure in the actual material costs. It can and often does cost more, than a premade tarp. Price everything out before you make a decision.
    Terry

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDee View Post
    The Dry Fly is the tarp with the huge cut outs. The Pro Fly seems more like the traditional fly.

I have heard a lot of people making their own tarp. I am guessing this option is much cheaper and just as effective but I dont know there I would start in making one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Tha FastFly is a diamond cut, which I like due to having only two points of attachment, but there's a caveat - less overall coverage.

Here's a DoubleNest with the ProFly. You can see how very small the overhang is on each end.

My deck is a little crammed right now. The Trumpet Vine is running amuk
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    I have a fastfly and had a pronest. They are kinda heavy for not that much coverage.. If I were you, for about the same money, you can get the equinox 10x12 and use it 3 season. Keep an eye on the for sale section too. Great deals on tarps pop up all the time.

My daughter has used the fastfly in a short hammock I made for her for when we car camp.

Hammock
    WBBB
    I have the ProFly and it works great for me with my wbbb. I've debated getting a new tarp but I just can't bring myself to spend the money when what I've got works. The only reason I'd get another tarp is to shed a little weight. No there's not a ton of overhang on the ends but if you don't hang the tarp 2 stories above the hammock you will be fine and will stay dry in a rain storm. I slept through a nice thunder boomer along the Foothills trail this past October and stayed dry. The only thing that got wet was my pack which wasn't even under the tarp.

I own the pronest and the profly. Both are great for my first setup. The profly is really means for something smaller than the doublenest and its really in between a lighter more minimal tarp and a traditional tarp. I would suggest a different tarp if you want better coverage. I am not a tall guy, so the pronest is long enough for me and it works with the profly. If you're not concerned with weight as much, you can always get the $20 guide gear tarp. http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net....aspx?a=328267

I just saw that they are sold out of that tarp...nevermind

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast