Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti Under Quilt
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    Thanks for all the help guys, not only up to this point but in the future. I have a question about the Sportsmans Guide Tarp. Will I need to Seam Seal it?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    I have the HH hex poly. I like it. Check the Hang-out photo's in the gallery, mine is the one with the camp chair under it .

I plan on making one out of silnylon, similar to the hex, same size, but with wings on it like the new Speer one.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Hi
    No need to seal, mine works just fine in the rain, on my last trip and it rained quite hard, not bucketing down but pretty hard, and I was as dry as you could like.
    Gunn
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    You dont have to seam seal it.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Lots of rain in the past week and I've had the sportsman's guide tarp set-up over a hammock the whole time. No seam seal; zero leakage.

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti Under Quilt
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    Thanks guys, I ordered one of them today. Ill let you know how it works.

I too, have recently "taken the jump," into hammock camping vs. conventional ultralight weight back packing. Did just two weekends ago use HH Ultralight A-sym for first time, all in unsupported three day canoe trip. Great sleep, good product, normally I'd be so elated that I'd put screw-eyes in my wall to hang some more... but, some othe newbies should be aware of a few items. The Hex upgrade is not adaptable to the existant clips on the hammock, proper. The hex fly is independent and, I believe, requires stronger line to support it (more weight and bulk.) If an unaware newbie, such as myself, tries to incorporate the new hex fly it will likely cause the little hooks that hold the original fly to fail. This upgrade is not at all ultralight, that's ok, just be aware..

HH was pretty magnaminous with repalcement tho. a bit sarcastic in my concerns; if anyone wants me to forward it let me know.

The issue that has me most bothered, is the fact that it would be safe to assume that we all need and especially appreciate the outdoors, etc... The HH line apparently is made in China. I guess we can't escape that in today's modern world, but that just rubs me the wrong way. As an aside it would be excellent if 'manufacturers' would have to disclose what percentage of their products are made in China, like calories in food..Maybe we'd go to comperable products really made in the US or even Canada..

Rick

I too, have recently "taken the jump," into hammock camping vs. conventional ultralightweight back packing. Did just two weekends ago use HH Ultralight A-sym for first time, all in unsupported three day canoe trip. Great sleep, good product, normally I'd be so elated that I'd put screw-eyes in my wall to hang some more... but, other newbies should be aware of a few items. The Hex upgrade is not adaptable to the existant clips on the hammock, proper. The hex fly is independent and, I believe, requires stronger line to support it (more weight and bulk.) If an unaware newbie, such as myself, tries to incorporate the new hex fly it will likely cause the little hooks that hold the original fly to fail. This upgrade is not at all ultralight, that's ok, just be aware..

HH was pretty magnaminous with repalcement tho. a bit sarcastic in my concerns; if anyone wants me to forward it let me know.

The issue that has me most bothered, is the fact that it would be safe to assume that we all need and especially appreciate the outdoors, etc... The HH line apparently is made in China. I guess we can't escape that in today's modern world, but that just rubs me the wrong way. As an aside it would be excellent if 'manufacturers' would have to disclose what percentage of their products are made in China, like calories in food..Maybe we'd go to comperable products really made in the US or even Canada..

Rick

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome to the forum daibutsu.

I've not had the opportunity to play with the hex upgrade, but as a general rule most HH users don't use the clips to tie the tarp directly to the hammock. You can actually get the tarp to maintain its pitch regardless of if you are in the hammock or not that way.

I like "magnanimous"; don't get to use that one often. Many of us have experienced Tom's brush-off at various meetings. I don't care about him, but I do like his hammocks...mostly.

Too late to fix the global economy thing . Gonna have to find a new path.

Cannibal,

You're right about the impossibility of fixing the global economy, but I'm still able to feel good/ok about how I, personally, spend my energy, time, and money. For fear of being a newbie too philosophical, the common denominator to our lifestyle (environmental) degradation is use of fossil fuels and Chinese made goods.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast