Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,654
    Images
    564
    Headrush is a lucky guy. Got himself a great trailname, documented on video!

    Enjoyed vicariously your stroll through the woods!

    While you all were stomping around on the North Country Trail in Wisconsin, I was on vacation with the family, Northern Minnesota woods, and happened on a stretch of the NCT in Itasca State Park. Sure hope you all had less poison ivy on your stretch than we did on ours! Evil stuff. Long pants, strong soap, extra care, we all avoided the itch.

    thanks for posting your adventures with the Merry Band of adventurers.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

  2. #12
    Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Down
    Suspension
    Dynaglide UCR's
    Posts
    5,350
    Thanks for the video Shug, always great stuff!

  3. #13
    Senior Member MrGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Hammock
    TrekLight
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    7D HG 3s Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    178
    Images
    80
    Looks like a good time was had by all. Great video again my friend. Sorry I had to miss this one but I'm sure I'll see you all on the fall hang.

    BTW, Shug did the Dutch Medallion find a new home ? Was it happy to be back in familiar surroundings ?
    Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho ~ Jambi

  4. #14
    New Member Geo-Girl725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Red Wing, MN
    Hammock
    Hammock Bliss - ENO Clone
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp9
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    12
    This trip was a trip... Almost everyone drank the Chega tea (except myself and a few others) and thought they were imagining things with the woodpecker & hummingbirds....LOL!!! It was so fun watching them fighting amongst themselves, especially after the woodpecker came back with a friend to back him up.
    Last edited by Geo-Girl725; 06-24-2010 at 16:50. Reason: misspelled word (chakka --> Chega)
    "I have a GPS...I know where I am going!" Then, my batteries die and I get lost trying to find my way out of the woods...

  5. #15
    Senior Member rigidpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Posts
    1,147
    Images
    57
    Thankee Shug for another great vid.
    Chris

  6. #16
    lonetracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    iron mountain mi
    Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Posts
    475
    Images
    39
    thanks shug for putting that together.i had a great time at this hang and am glad i can 'relive' it if i want.

  7. #17
    Senior Member carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie all in 1
    Posts
    823
    Shug
    Very entertaining as always! Thanks for the vid.
    Youtube channel

    Show of Life Blog

    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

  8. #18
    Senior Member Oscar-Blackeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware, OH USA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB Webbing/Dutch!
    Posts
    276
    Feels weird being in a Shug video. Extremely entertaining as always. The pre-coffee Shug is such a contrast to the post-coffee Shug. I need to know what you put in your coffee!! lol
    Proving to the world that I can hang.

  9. #19
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,531
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Niloc View Post
    As always thanks for sharing your trip with us Shug.
    I share us all for ya'll....... cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Headrush is a lucky guy. Got himself a great trailname, documented on video!

    Enjoyed vicariously your stroll through the woods!

    While you all were stomping around on the North Country Trail in Wisconsin, I was on vacation with the family, Northern Minnesota woods, and happened on a stretch of the NCT in Itasca State Park. Sure hope you all had less poison ivy on your stretch than we did on ours! Evil stuff. Long pants, strong soap, extra care, we all avoided the itch.

    thanks for posting your adventures with the Merry Band of adventurers.
    Can't wait until we can get on a hang together.......
    I felt you in MN. Hope your trip was a right goodie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Thanks for the video Shug, always great stuff!
    Great folks make for great stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    Looks like a good time was had by all. Great video again my friend. Sorry I had to miss this one but I'm sure I'll see you all on the fall hang.

    BTW, Shug did the Dutch Medallion find a new home ? Was it happy to be back in familiar surroundings ?
    Well ... almost brought it but I knew there would be young-uns ...... still waiting to pass it on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Girl725 View Post
    This trip was a trip... Almost everyone drank the Chakka(??) tea (except myself and a few others) and thought they were imagining things with the woodpecker & hummingbirds....LOL!!! It was so fun watching them fighting amongst themselves, especially after the woodpecker came back with a friend to back him up.
    I need more Chega Tea!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rigidpsycho View Post
    Thankee Shug for another great vid.
    Y'elcome


    Quote Originally Posted by lonetracker View Post
    thanks shug for putting that together.i had a great time at this hang and am glad i can 'relive' it if i want.
    It was a fun edit .... and a darn good re-live for me too.

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinasbackpacker View Post
    Shug
    Very entertaining as always! Thanks for the vid.
    Mucho Appreciato!

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar-Blackeagle View Post
    Feels weird being in a Shug video. Extremely entertaining as always. The pre-coffee Shug is such a contrast to the post-coffee Shug. I need to know what you put in your coffee!! lol
    I am always grogged in the morn ..... but I burn it at both ends all day! Tiring being me.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  10. #20
    Senior Member pgibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Hammock
    Black Bird 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,083
    Great video as always Shug. I really want to make one of these norther hangs some time.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hanging, backpacking and Ultralight Fishing gear needs.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Tenkara-Fishing.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Sign Up for Arrowhead-Equipment Gear News: Click Here

Similar Threads

  1. Video Fall Northern Hang Oct 14-16 2011
    By Skygzr in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 15:55
  2. VIDEO: PART 2 SHT Northern Hang #2
    By Shug in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 10:11
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 09:12
  4. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 06:38
  5. Stormcrow's northern hang video
    By stormcrow in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-27-2009, 22:18

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •