So i set out on another day trip on Slocan lake . This is the same lake as the maiden voyage was on but towards the north end. This pic was at a lookout on the way up the lake.

I'm launching from the town of Silverton which is about half way up the lake. Once in the water i took a couple of pics . The first one is looking down the lake.

this pics is looking up the lake.

Unlike the lower west side of the lake where there were few beach areas the middle east side has plenty of beach although their narrow at the moment because the water is high. The beaches get deeper as the summer goes on and the water levels get lower.

I turned around and took a pic of Idaho Peak,2280m/7500' or so. Its on the north side of the town i launched from. BTW the West Kootenay area has some of the best mnt biking in the world apparently and there are single tracks on a lot of mnts around here including a 5000+' run from the top of Idaho Peak.

Past numerous creeks running into the lake, most would be drinkable .

I'd been heading for a place called Bannock Point which has a rec. site and great cliffs for diving, or jumping in my case and the beach to the north end came in view after about an hour of paddling.

There are numerous little lagoons to pull your yak into besides the beach area.

Hard to get a good shot of the cliffs but took a couple anyway. Their from water level to about 20' high and they go straight down so you can dive or paddle right next to cliff bands.

I decided to park on the beach just north of the rocks. A beautiful spot and plent of hanging potential. If you look close in the pic you can see the BB between the kayak and the rock, it was a good lunch of homemade Sweet and Sour Dahl and Rice with some nice English tea afterwards.

On the way back the wind was picking up as a storm was moving in so i didn't poke around.

Got back in to Silverton as the lake was starting to swell but before the storm hit. Took this pic as i was driving back, just south of Silverton above my paddling route. It was the end of another great day.