Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny, that...

Funny, that...

So I was up hanging all last week on the shores of Drummond Island, at the top of lake Huron. Had great weather all week and lots of fun.

One particular night, I think I was abducted by Aliens.

No joke. It was a very real and very intense experience unlike anything I've ever had before. Here's the story-

I retired first around midnight and my buddy stayed up to photograph a storm cell passing us to the north and ride out the campfire. I clearly remember transitioning to sleep and being aware of both my "physical self" hanging there comfortably between the pines and my "thoughts" starting to wander around the shoreline, trails, and the campfire. I remember hearing the shutter of my buddy's camera and feeling the shifting winds as the front passed by.

Then, my hammock rose up from the trees, circled the island a few times and settled on a course east towards Montreal. The ride was fairly smooth and we moved at a good clip up into deep space and eventually warped off like the bed in Pink Floyd's live presentation of "On the run" in 1994, star trails, reverb, and all...

I came to rest in a large open space. Not like a field or a room, pretty much just a void. It was hard to see through the bug netting but there were people on all sides of me, apparently also sleeping but they were all unconscious.

I hung out there for a good long time, very much aware that my body was still back on the island while my mind was here in this place. I was wondering what it all meant, how long I'd be here, how exactly I was supposed to reunite the two and exactly how I should go about doing it when I first noticed the "Aliens" milling about the other bodies laying on all sides of me.

I'm not going to say they were hostile; no drills, probes, knives or electrodes were being used, but they we definitely in control and handling the lifeless bodies. My impression was that we were all being systematically "processed" for something yet to come.

I couldn't get a good view of them at first but eventually they made their way to me and I felt the first one's presence behind me before I saw his head peer in close to my bug net. He WAS grey in color, but did not have that triangle communion head and midget body. This guy looked more like a flying monkey from wizard of Oz but was decidedly CRUSTACEAN.

He seemed puzzled by my hammock and I felt him trying to open it to get in at me. He got some of his friends involved too, about 5 of them total trying to find a way into or through it. At this point I decided to let them know I was not cool with it and tried to speak, punch, move but of course I was paralyzed.

They were surprised I was conscious but it didn't seem to deter them at all. Soon it became apparent that in order to fend them off in this "other place" would require me to move my actual body back on the island as well. Everything was moving twice, like puppet strings, and I eventually got exhausted trying to form words, kick at them, and try to grab one of their claws.

Panic set in when I realised what it means when you are already asleep and you need to get some rest. I called out for my buddy who was hanging nearby and when he got to me he said my eyes were wide open and I sounded like when his father had a stroke. He started shaking and kicking me and I came back. It was like laying in an empty room when the light is on, but as soon as it turns off its packed with stuff, and I was awake.

I don't drink or do drugs, am not on any anti depressants or even messed up on God. I think I've done pretty well making the best of my time and fitting in without making a hassle for anyone. It all seemed as real (more real?) as the daily grind.

In retrospect, I think the sleep sock I sometimes use as a pillow support was in fact slowly strangling me in my sleep.

Be careful out there people.

Sorry for the long post

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    The brain works in mysterious ways. Our perceptions can’t always be trusted.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I have had things happen to me that I can't explain. Some things I could dismiss as a consequence of my, ehhh, condition at the time, but others not so much.

I never, ever dismiss someone's recollections of events like this. Either it actually happened exactly as you remember it, or some other event happened, and this was your mind's way of explaining it and dealing with it. My belief is that regardless, something happened, and it's very interesting to me that you are able to recall using the kind of detail that you did.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I want what you had for my next hammock trip

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Loopaliens perhaps?

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Wow! I had a vivid dream one very breezy night on a Boy Scout campout. The wind was swinging me but in my dream I swung upside down in the canopy of the trees and I was looking down on the entire campsite.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Far out trip, dude! That was indeed a vivid dream. Freud may have something to say about that! Interestingly, I just got back from a week long trip to San Francisco, and I keep on having a recurring dream of roaming the hills of Frisco in a Cable Car, no hammock though, as the Redwoods are impossible to get a strap around!!!

I think four days of do-nun allowed me to get Into a very deep and lucid sleep. We probably all have stuff like this go on in our dreams, just don't recall it so easily.

As for ingestables that evening.. I had a BPP Pad Thai dinner with pizza pretzel combos for a snack. Hmmm.. might be a factor

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I actually envy you as I've not had a dream in the last 30 years that I remember and most nights are a flopping affair. So anyone that can get to that level of sleep - congrats.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    In the words of Robin Williams, "Reality. Wow - what a concept."
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast