DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Eno rain fly

REI just delivered my ENO Dry Fly and I have a few questions for those of you with experience with these. First, do these things actually keep you dry? Sure seems small. This leads to my second question: how far above the hammock do you want this? I'm sure that makes a difference when it rains. Beginning to see the value in those closed end tarps. Still waiting for the bug net (backordered), then I'm staying out all night. It took all of 2 seconds for the skeeters to find me tonight...

Now that I have all the pieces at least on order, I can see this isn't the end-all hammock for me. It's going to be great for napping with the wife, and will make a great lightweight pack hang, but I'm pretty sure I'll be after a Warbonnet or Clark before long. And I see how the limited adjustability in the ENO straps comes into play with the tarp up.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    The Dry Fly seems great for shade and views from the hammock but none of the pictures on the website show it used during a storm. Certainly a lower pitch will provide better coverage but a larger square or cat cut tarp would be more storm worthy.

Hammock
    DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just got word from REI that my backordered bugnet is on its way, maybe this weekend I can try it out.

Smack in the middle of South Carolina, the Lowcountry in Denmark.
    Hammock
    ENO double is the best.
    Tarp
    ENO tarp works.
    Insulation
    ENO Ember works.
    Suspension
    ENO pro straps.
    I've the complete ENO package. It has worked just fine. I've been hanging 15 nights at a beach state park in a wooded area most recently. The straps have worked fine. You just have to sometimes change trees due to girth of tree and distance apart to get it right. The Dry Fly has never failed to keep me dry is some tremendous thunderstorms. I couldn't survive without the bugnet. Their pack pillow and party lights are great additions.
    I let the Dry Fly rest on the ridge line for the bugnet. Yes, just lower the pitch and it keeps you dry.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Morgan View Post
    I've the complete ENO package. It has worked just fine. I've been hanging 15 nights at a beach state park in a wooded area most recently. The straps have worked fine. You just have to sometimes change trees due to girth of tree and distance apart to get it right. The Dry Fly has never failed to keep me dry is some tremendous thunderstorms. I couldn't survive without the bugnet. Their pack pillow and party lights are great additions.
    I let the Dry Fly rest on the ridge line for the bugnet. Yes, just lower the pitch and it keeps you dry.
    I'm glad someone with experience with the product has chimed in.

Hammock
    DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Party lights? Hmmm, got to check that out! Missed a great chance to test the dry fly, had my hammock set up last night, was going to leave it up overnight but there were storm warnings out and I worried it would get hit. Turns out it just rained really hard today, no storm. Heading to REI Thursday, need some new 'biners and stakes. Probably will get titanium for the stakes to keep the weight down, not sure on the 'biners but believe the ones supplied out-weigh the hammock itself. Sun's popping out, might get her set up again and see if it rains some more. Stay tuned for a report!

Hammock
    DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    OK, I'm a believer! Set the hammock and rain fly back up about 15 minutes before a HUGE rain began. After the rain let up, I went to check on the hammock. Everything's soaked except under the tarp. It was still raining so I got in the hammock, could tell I need to set the tarp just a little lower to account for the extra sag, but didn't get wet. That's pretty neat to be under the tarp when it's raining. Also, need some better stakes for sure. Have to add there was little wind with this one but it was a major rain.

• + New Posts