Hammock
    UK Royal Navy 1950´s
    Tarp
    DIY Speer tarp
    Insulation
    slfnfltbl mattress
    Suspension
    toggle & rope
    This swinging things are really dangerous.

I started with a Royal navy surplus hammock, followed with a Skeeter Beeter Pro and then got me a custom made USN WWII wanabe. Last week I ordered a Fox Outdoor Vietnam War type jungle hammock. Right now am planning on geting a custom made tarp and watching ebay for the Real USN thing (I am kind of partial to heavy canvas hammocks, at least for use idoors and at the backyard). I ordered the Speer book and an old book by a guy named Andrews about making your own hammocks, a pamphlet about weaving hammocks and a cofee table book about hammocks.

I can´t take them out of my head!
    When will it end??

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Well, being a girl scout at heart, I must be prepared. After all, you never know when a busload of people wanting to try hammocking might show up

Plus, there are all those seasons and reasons... you know... the double layer for when you might need a pad and an UQ, the single layer for when you want to lighten your load, the stealthy color for covert overnight stops, no netting for bugless season, the emergency pack hammock, the car hammock, the go-to hammock for napping in the yard (or grabbing quickly to show anyone who seems even remotely interested when they stop over for a visit), and let's not forget to mention all those test hammocks... the ones we try new techniques or suspensions or ridgeline configurations on.... and lastly... those hammocks we make because wow!, we sure got a good deal on that fabric!!

btw... I'm making yet another hammock at the moment... after this, I'm making another for my neice.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle
    Wow River! I thought I was kayak obsessive at 5! And #1 on the fly fishing. I just can't seem to get enough chest packs.
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    My daughter (the NAVY girl) just came home for leave. I set her up in one of my "extra" hammocks and sure enough when she had to return to base, It went with her. I'm so proud!! Another converted to hanging!!! Now I've got to get busy and replace that hammock with more.... Oh, her set up included whoopies on each end and the overhead no see um is on a ridgeline that I also put a whoopie onto. Biners on each end and home made tree straps. No knots to tie at all. She loved that all she has to do is find two trees and clip the hammock to the tree straps. No tarp, I couldn't get her to take one. But I figure it wont take to long before she wants one!!

Now to start stocking up on my supply of hammocks.... lets see, gave one away... buy two more....

TinaLouise

Hammock
    Warbonet Traveler
    Tarp
    Golite 8x10
    Insulation
    KAQ "Lost River"
    Suspension
    Warbonet Straps
    Images

Urrggg

The hammock and gear addiction is one thing I have to deal with, but I also find myself..."Tree Spacing". I can't go anywhere without seeing the perfect trees to hang on. Along the highway, in the city, under overpasses, at the park, in the neighbors back yard....when will it end!!

Polar Iggy Bear

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    The hammock and gear addiction is one thing I have to deal with, but I also find myself..."Tree Spacing". I can't go anywhere without seeing the perfect trees to hang on. Along the highway, in the city, under overpasses, at the park, in the neighbors back yard....when will it end!!
    Polar Iggy Bear
    I hear ya ... I've caught me doing that very same thing ... without even thinking about it. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and even thought how one could hang a hammock in the little natural area they had near the parking deck ... something about the perfect spacing and view that just makes you think ...
    Last edited by Hawk-eye; 07-09-2010 at 08:29.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverpirate View Post
    I have the fly-fishing addiction as well. 5 sage rods and 5 nautilus reels and counting. I also have a kayak addiction, 16 and counting. Luckily I am on Ocean Kayak's pro staff so I get the yaks free.
    LMAO, I'm a deffinate gear addict.

3 Hammocks with materials to make like 6 more.

4 Tents of various size and weight configurations.

8 Kayaks 5 whitewater ranging from huge older creekboats to newer play boats, and 3 flatwater rec boats.

4 backpacks of various utility

7 sleeping bags of various utility

And a plethora of random hiking/camping/backpacking/kayaking/picnic/etc items.

If I have friends that aren't geared up enough to camp with us that want to go, I can usually gear them up with EVERYTHING they needed lol.

Treespacing LMAO = Yep, been doing that for a while. I have an addiction to finding the perfect 3 tree triangle for me and the little lady to camp in.
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by millarky View Post
    And #1 on the fly fishing. I just can't seem to get enough chest packs.
    I already have a vest, a little fishpond chestpack and a bigger fishpond chestpack/backpack combo (perfect for an overnighter fish trip). I'm worse on rods though. Already got a 3wt, 2 5wts and an 8wt and I'm looking at grabbing a 1wt atm.........and I've only been at this since Christmas

Hammock
    DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I feel your wallet pain! Just got back from a trip to REI-150 miles away-where I picked up 2 new carabiners, 6 MSR gournd hog stakes and a snakebite kit. That's after buying a tarp and bug net on the 'net. BTW, they are selling the heck out of the ENOS, which are featured in their new sale catalog.

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    I can't go anywhere without seeing the perfect trees to hang on. Along the highway, in the city, under overpasses, at the park, in the neighbors back yard....when will it end!!
    Oh mannn... I do that too!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast