Tarp
    DIY 7.5X10
    Insulation
    Mac IX UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images

Multicam Mac IX UQ

(disclaimer: I'm writing this at 11:30pm and sleepy eyed so please excuse my grammer and poor story telling)

Yesterday I got my Mac IX UQ for the WB BB. It is incredibly light , but doesn't seem to compress at all, but the lightweight makes up for it.
    I immediately ran out in the back yard and set up the WB BB and attached the Mac IX UQ to it. The shock cord just slips over the gathered end. I also learned a new knot that Mac used to attach the shock cord to the IX UQ corners. Great product!
    It was a hot humid night at about 85* so I had the IX UQ off to the side under the WB BB shelf. My 6 yr old son decided to sleep in his hammock too.
    After being woken up about 3 times by my wife walking out side to check up on my son I fell in a deep sleep. At around 1am it finally cooled off enough to wake me up. I pulled the IX UQ under me and immediately felt the warmth. Had no need for a TQ tonight.

The next day I had off from work so I decided to sew on a 1.7 nylon shell onto the IX UQ. I tried 4 times to pin the fabric. The differentials make it real hard to get it right. Then I got an idea to use the couch cushions and pillows as you see in the pic. This made pinning the fabric much easier. While I pinned it i tried to make sure the was plenty of slack in the shell so when it is in use the shell wouldn't interfere with the hang of the IX.

2 hours later I'm ready to sew! I get the machine all set up and thread it. I do a test sew on an old t-shirt and of course I have loops on the bottom. AUGGGGGHHHH!!!! I tried to get the machine working for another hour with no luck. I finally switched back to general purpose thread and used that for my UQ. Ugh. I don't think my machine likes polyester thread. Hopefully later I can sew the IX UQ again with Poly thread but for now this will do.

On the head and foot ends I sewed a channel for a future Shock Cord, but according to Mac, I shouldn't need it.

Here are the pics, enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If your not outraged, then your not paying attention"
    bumper sticker

"You have to grow old, But you don't have to grow up"

• + New Posts