Tarp
    MacCat Delux
    Insulation
    HG 3/4 - UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images

Crazy Creek Hexalite PowerLounger??

(My first post so don't slag me too badly...a little is probably in order though)

I have been looking at getting a "chair" for day/overnight and weekend hikes and came across the Hexalite PowerLounger by Crazy Creek. Looks interesting although a bit weighty @ 21.6oz.

As soon as Warbonnet reopens I expect to put a BB 1.7 2 layer on order. I was thinking that the PowerLounger might make a decent pad between the layers. I have some reservations because there are some hard plastic connectors and (I presume) some stays in the seat and back as stiffeners that may damage the fabric of the hammock. Hard to tell from the photos but the back support looks like it could be great or totally useless (depending on if it stays firm and upright). Does anyone have insite on this "chair" or used it as a hammock pad this way?

THEN I came across Arrowhead Equip's. Bushman Hammock Chair. It looks ALOT more comfortable - It's MUCH lighter and cheaper. There is a bit more setup. Do you think the better purchase would be the Bushman Chair and a light, inexpensive pad (without risk of damaging the hammock) and just carry both when I want to tote a chair.

Thanks - Oh, and which style Bushman chair is better, the smaller or larger version?

Thanks again,
    Tom

Good thinking on the dual use. That HexaLite pad looks like it has those plastic/fastex buckles. I don't believe they would be sharp enough to damage hammock fabric (1.7), but you would probably feel them if you rolled over on one.

However, if you had a Speer Pad Extender, you could add some foam wings to get the wider coverage that most hammock campers prefer. And you could assemble it so the buckles are covered by the foam side wings. One possible obstacle to this plan is that I don't see the SPE on Speer's site. So it may be only available as a DIY project.

The Bushman chair is also a great option. I believe it is offered in two material weights but just one "size". I have one that I have made, which appears similar in dimentions based on the photo from the Arrowhead website , I like the size because it allows the entire head to be supported by the fabric behind- very comfortable!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    OES Spn Dlx w/drs
    Insulation
    Crowsnest 3 Ssn
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    If you are into DIY, the Jerry Chair is a really lightweight option. Just do a search in the forum for Jerry Chair.

John

If you are into DIY, the Jerry Chair is a really lightweight option. Just do a search in the forum for Jerry Chair.

John
    Right! Plus if you wanted dual use you could buy one of the insulated Jerry chairs from Macentyre.

Hammock
    BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Delux
    Insulation
    HG 3/4 - UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Thanks, checking out the Jerry Chair now. The Bushman chair is only listed as one size (the larger) on their products page but they have a demo/review of a smaller version in the video section. Both look considerably more comfortable than the Crazy Creek Lounger and lighter (although the small Bushman does not have the head support mentioned above). Always good stuff here. Thanks guys!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe 2Q's MOD 3
    Tarp
    Large HH Tarp
    Insulation
    XL 3in self inflat
    Suspension
    Whoopiesling/strap
    I really like the AHE BUSHMAN CHAIR. simple AND COMFORTABLE!!!!..use as a gear hamock when you're not sitting in it.
    Priced right.
    Mac's 5 in 1 is the cadillac of chairs... Multi function and fills all the functions well.
    Tom

• + New Posts