Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I don't know it just seems that there is a difference in the lay of the hammock. As far as I can tell the whippings are the same and I can't imagine any other reason for the 2 lines of stitching on each side of the hammock unless it was to form some type of taper. Maybe it ends up as a square, but I wonder if there is something else at work.

I have not disassembled my ENO; probably should. Maybe I'll undo the whippings and lay the fabric flat to see if the stitching is straight or curved. Be an easy way to know. I started to do that once, but after attempting to untie the knot for about 15 minutes I got fed up and moved on to something else. Has anyone already done this....Hooch?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I ordered 2 of these hammocks. What the heck, you can never have too many hammocks. I need one at work just for taking break. I've been thinking of making an insulated one and the other may be a good choice. I can waste $8.99 on something alot stupider.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Images
    by 2 lines of stitching, you mean the seams that join the different colored pieces right? i always assumed this was just for appearence or maybe due to a narrow roll width for this type of fabric. i had a "hammock bliss" which looked just like an eno. it was a rectangle when opened. i bet the eno is too. open yours and see. then you can rig it with lighter line and a warbonnet whipping for added strength. their end binding is where those types of hammocks fail i believe. they put stress on the hem stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I don't know it just seems that there is a difference in the lay of the hammock. As far as I can tell the whippings are the same and I can't imagine any other reason for the 2 lines of stitching on each side of the hammock unless it was to form some type of taper. Maybe it ends up as a square, but I wonder if there is something else at work.

I have not disassembled my ENO; probably should. Maybe I'll undo the whippings and lay the fabric flat to see if the stitching is straight or curved. Be an easy way to know. I started to do that once, but after attempting to untie the knot for about 15 minutes I got fed up and moved on to something else. Has anyone already done this....Hooch?

Hmmm, looks like the interest in the $8.99 hammock has driven the price up to $17.99!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Hmmm, looks like the interest in the $8.99 hammock has driven the price up to $17.99!
    Wow they did double the price, I hope I still get mine at the $8.99.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images

Deal of the Day...

Quote Originally Posted by Boose View Post
    The day that link was posted I nosed around the site some and noticed that the hammock was their "Deal of the Day". Today the DotD is something else, and the hammock is back to their regular price.

I need another hammock like I need another hole in my head, but I went for one to take it apart and try out some of this here fancy whippin stuff y'all are always talking about.

I'm also kicking around the idea of pimping a normal hammock with suspension webbing and spreader bars to see if one can coax it into a flat lay like the bridge hammock, but with the suspension webbing and normal suspension line sharing the suspension load. WBG convinced me that the most important aspect of the suspension in the bridge hammock is that the webbing lifts the center. If that's true, then one might be able to lift the center of an ordinary hammock too.

I don't mind destroying a $10 hammock in that experiment.

We already have a Hammock Engineer, maybe I can be Dr. Hammockstein, the mad Hammock Scientist.

Grizz

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    The day that link was posted I nosed around the site some and noticed that the hammock was their "Deal of the Day". Today the DotD is something else, and the hammock is back to their regular price.

I need another hammock like I need another hole in my head, but I went for one to take it apart and try out some of this here fancy whippin stuff y'all are always talking about.

I'm also kicking around the idea of pimping a normal hammock with suspension webbing and spreader bars to see if one can coax it into a flat lay like the bridge hammock, but with the suspension webbing and normal suspension line sharing the suspension load. WBG convinced me that the most important aspect of the suspension in the bridge hammock is that the webbing lifts the center. If that's true, then one might be able to lift the center of an ordinary hammock too.

I don't mind destroying a $10 hammock in that experiment.

We already have a Hammock Engineer, maybe I can be Dr. Hammockstein, the mad Hammock Scientist.

Grizz
    Maybe you could start a t.v. show called "Pimp my hammock"
    Look forward to the results of your latest experiment.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    Slowhike already has claimed the 'pimp my hammock' moniker via Susse's gallery pic of it from the hang-out a couple of weeks ago. Ever since seeing that caption under a pic of Tim's setup I will never again see his hammock without thinking that .
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    You wanna see something funny? Look at this: http://www.hammockshub.com/enodoha.html

You'll see that it is a really good price; almost half off! I wonder how many people would pay full price for the ENO DN at this site?

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkwater View Post
    Found this today. Pretty Good price!
    the link said $17.99 when i checked it neo