Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images

Another Bama Hanger.

I've been lurking around the site for quite a while now. But I figure it's about time I introduce myself. I'm Jeff, I hail from Huntsville Alabama. I've been hammock hanging for around 6 years now.

My first hammock was Hennessy Hammock Exped Asym. I still use it to this day. Once I got up off the ground I knew I could never go back except in certain scenarios.

I'm an active backpacker, Kayaker, and general outdoorsman with a focus on minimalism. I've been working on lightening my load for years, and the process never seems to end.

I was brought here by the desire to make my own gear, and make gear for friends. While searching for plans and ideas, I stumbled upon Hammockforums. Great site, and I'm happy to be here. I can already tell this place is going to be a huge help during my gear making expeditions. I've already made a 10x10 tyvek tarp, and a 10' gathered end hammock. They work great, but I still prefer my Hennessy.

So hello, and happy to be here, looking forward to many good conversations.
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBB Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images
    My wife and I were both born and raised around the Huntsville area. We now live on the Gulf Coast of Alabama.

Welcome aboard.
    Hammocker Prayer - "Don't every let my wife sell my hammock equipment for what I told her I paid for it."

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Welcome to HF from another Bama hanger...........more Bama hangers coming out of the woodwork, we need to get a hang planned for when it cools down, like late October!!!!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Hello and welcome to HF!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome to the Forum glad you decided to join us.
    Terry

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Welcome to our money sink! Almost as good as having a boat.
    Neo sponsors a spring(May) and fall(Oct) hang at Meriwether Lewis park on the Natchez Trace, just north of Lawrenceburg, TN. Should be about a 2-hour drive for you. Watch for his notices about 4 weeks out from each. Come on up if you can. The there is the Sipsey hang in Oct also. Seems like it is to be Halloween weekend this year.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    5 DIY's and a Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    BWDD 4 Season, DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator / DIY IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!
    Images
    Welcome to the forum!
    If God had meant for us to sleep on the ground,
    He wouldn't have created trees....

“Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.” - John Muir

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I would love to do some hangs with some somewhat local folks. Haloween weekends are never good though as I am a loyal Talladega race attendee.

Hey BigBama, I think it might be a great idea to put together some hangs. I know of a bunch of great places to hang, Bankhead National Forrest, Guntersville State Park, Monte Sano State Park, Bucks Pocket State Park, etc etc. I am also a river rat as well spending as much time as I can floating some of the local rivers and streams, and it's not uncommon to catch me hanging on the river side for an overnighter.

I haven't been able to get enough folks for it just yet, but I would really like to do a hang on some of the Islands in Lake Guntersville. Me and my girlfriend will likely clear a couple of these Islands off when the weather cools off some. Would make an awesome hang as there is less chance of outsider disturbance, but there is also more hassle if someone needs medical attention. Guntersville Dam also has some cool places to hang for overnighters. TVA property is all recreational use, but the State Parks all seem to have issues with backcountry camping. I think I am going to start lobbying for the Alabama State Parks to start offering a backcountry camping permit.
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    HG Inc./Burrow
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I'm from Guntersville originally myself. I haven't camped on those islands in years but I wholeheartedly endorse it. It's a blast.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    WR123:
    Name a time and a place on G'ville lake and I will be glad to paddle out with ya. Got the girlfriend into hammocking now and we are looking to get some hangs in when the weather cools off as well. I also thought about getting another group hang together in the Mt. Cheaha area towards the end of Sept.

Anytime there is a race going on at "the DEGA" I try to avoid being anywhere near it. Living in Gadsden and growing up on HWY77, those two times a year were absolutely impossible to get anywhere or anything. I try to go to the woods when that is going on.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast