Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images

new to the forum and I have a question for you all

Okay thanks for makeing this forum I have spent several days reading before I make a post. So here it goes.

1. I want to buy a hammock
    2. I like to sleep on my side most of the time in fetal (no not sucking my thumb eighter )
    3. I am 6.4 tall
    4. I am 270 pounds
    5. I a 4 season backpacker/Hunter
    6. I backpack/Hunt most of the time in the midwest
    7. I do make several atemps at backpacking out west.
    8. I dont want one that includes any sticks to keep bug net up or to keep spread out pr anything eles for that matter unless it is used to keep tarp up. that is just added weight

I have looked at the HH several times before I found the forum and looked at the Clark a bunch as well. It seems everyone on this site likes HH over other brands but would like to hear from everyone and there take on different brands Pro's and Con's. I like to pack lite so the use of extra padding or a extra bag to keep warm is not really what im am looking for to pack allot of. I dont want to build my own and am not interested in makeing mod's to any hammock I buy other than were to hang from and how I hang it that is a given. As my name applies I like to cavedive allot and most of it is done in florida or mexico My cavediving gear is stowed in a trailer all of the time when im not diving and the trailer is 7ft tall and my truck is about that high as well at the back of topper so I can hang from there if needed.

So if you can give me your pro's and con's I would be ready to read about what in your op make's the one you have better than the others so that I might use this info to make a solid purchase and not have to buy four or five hammocks to figure out which one I like.

I am not intrested in starting any fights or being belittled over this article I am just looking to get started hanging and doing it right and spending my hard earned money wisely.

Thanks for all of those who reply
    and the time that It took you to write what ever you write
    and again thanks for the forum keep up the good work
    and I will return often even when I make the leap from ground to hanging

Rhino-lfl I have been reading you post to the forum and was wondering if you have been any happer with you Clark?

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Hi and welcome to the forum. My favorite hammock is my Treklight double hammock. Very roomy. www.treklightonline.com/default.htm
    Of course it comes without a bug net, but it is not needed in colder weather.
    I have a Hennessy, Speer, and homemade hammock and they all work well for me. At your size, the Hennessy Explorer Deluxe would be a good choice.
    I find it hard to sleep exactly on my side in any of my hammocks. I kind of sleep partially on my back and side. The new Bear Mountain Bridge hammock which will be available around the first of November by www.jacksrbetter.com would be a hammock you should consider also. True side and stomach sleeping will be a couple of it's features. I cant wait to buy one myself.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum. My favorite hammock is my Treklight double hammock. Very roomy. www.treklightonline.com/default.htm
    Of course it comes without a bug net, but it is not needed in colder weather.
    I have a Hennessy, Speer, and homemade hammock and they all work well for me. At your size, the Hennessy Explorer Deluxe would be a good choice.
    I find it hard to sleep exactly on my side in any of my hammocks. I kind of sleep partially on my back and side. The new Bear Mountain Bridge hammock which will be available around the first of November by www.jacksrbetter.com would be a hammock you should consider also. True side and stomach sleeping will be a couple of it's features. I cant wait to buy one myself.
    FF, et al,

We will be bringing two of the final prototype Bear Mountain Bridge Hammocks to The MAHHA in MD on 5 Oct.....also a HH ELR, a HH BULA, a HH Explorer UL, a Clator Mosquito, a Bayer Moskito and a Eagles Nest Single.... all will be equipped with different model UQs and tarps or the new hammock tents or new 11x10 Cat Tarp... Smee and I will sleep in out HH ELR and BULA.... The remainer are available for guests testing both Friday and Saturday nights.... Reservations recommended Micheles friend has option #1

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    You might want to give some thought to Speer hammocks as well. They don't use any tieouts like the HH and it sounds like you don't want them anyway.

A simple straight forward hammock with no mods needed.

• + New Posts