Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images

Ok folks....

whoopieslings.com has reached the point I can no longer keep up with it and still provide the level of customer satisfaction I demand myself. I can not quit my day job.... And I cant continue on only getting 4-5 hours of sleep per nite.

I THINK I want to sell the business. Ive never sold a business, but for those that have serious interest in making a good chunk of side income, I may be able to help. I do have some stipulations....

1. That the same level of commitment and quality in the products continue on. I have spent many nights apart from my family working, testing, refining to see it dwindle into another failed venture.
    2. That you are interested in devoting the time needed to make it happen. This is my issue now, I dont have the time. I wish I did.
    3. Preferably that there can be a meeting between myself and the perspecitve buyer to go over techniques and a session of how to make everything available from whoopieslings.com

I will provide to only those seriously interested in taking over...

1. daily, weekely and monthly sales reports starting from when I opened the online store at the begining of May. All other income reports will come from Paypal and wont be as detailed.
    2. A rough list of my current inventory and an estimate of its vaule. I say an estimate because I dont know whats left on the spools of rope I have
    3. A list of all my vendors along with any specific contacts. I have had to source some of my items from many different places based on availability and price.
    4. Website traffic
    5. The domain whoopislings.com expires 11/11, Ill have to double check. I think the store is good until 2013. This is through GoDaddy and its simple to renew everything or pull up and move elsewhere

The business is strong, sales are strong, the customers are awesome. But its taking away to much of my family time, and its starting to impact my kids.

So... If youre interested... Better yet, currently unemployed.... This is your chance to make, based on current sales, about 36k in sales per year.

Please direct all serious interest to either PM, or my email, [email protected]

Hammock
    Clark n150
    Tarp
    el cheepo
    Insulation
    figuring it out
    Suspension
    ropes/drip rings
    Images
    That's a shame opie, you have built something quite nice. If I were you I would just raise my prices to make demand go down. Then you will get more sleep.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Cool, Ive thought about that. But I dont want to be that kind of business man. This is a very niche market and its one I personally would like anyone to be able to enjoy. Not just the ones that can afford it.

If a sale doesnt pan out, Ive got good things planned for the company. Ones that will benefit all future and past customers.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Ive got good things planned for the company...that will benefit all...past customers.
    WOOHOO!! Can't wait!

Good luck with the business, whatever the future holds.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Sorry to hear it is impacting your family life. You are great to your customers. I feel bad that I have in the past been adding to your stress. Whatever happens I wish you luck!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Its not stress... I just dont want it to get to the point where there is stress. Then its not worth doing.

All of my past customers have been a pleasure to deal with.

And nothing is set in stone... My wife isnt onboard with selling the business.....

Hammock
    Gnome 1.5sl, WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies

WhoOpie Slings

Wow Opie, I just went to place a new order and and couldn't do it so went to the forums. That's a tough decision to make my friend but I admire your values and commitment to quality service. I wish I was in a position to purchase your company and continue providing your products to those in the hammocking community. I feel the same way, quality and service at a fair price over quantity and money. Thank you for your your efforts and dedication to all who share your passion. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and techniques at the Michigan Hang. I hope the next owner will continue the company in the manner you envisioned. Bushmedic

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Its not stress... I just dont want it to get to the point where there is stress. Then its not worth doing.

All of my past customers have been a pleasure to deal with.

And nothing is set in stone... My wife isnt onboard with selling the business.....
    Then I feel bad about contributing to you lack of sleep

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Opie,

I trust you to make the best decision you can about this. Getting to the point of knowing you need to make a change is not easy, but following through on that decision will be the right thing for you and your family.

I respect what you've accomplished with your business, and I am in awe of the diligence, thoroughness and commitment to customer service that you've demonstrated time and again!

Thanks for sharing your thought process with us and for exploring ways to keep the business active and on-going.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Opie maybe all you need is an apprentice who could make some of the products for you. Soft Shackles for example. You could train someone to make them for you. You could inspect their work and pay them a piece rate fee. Just a thought. Could be a way to free up some of your time. Continuous loop would be another item well suited to farm out to someone else.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast