Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Images
    My JRB Bear Mountain arrived on Tuesday, but I had to take He-Dino to the doctor immediately after it arrived - both Dinos have been pretty sick and east TN has been windy, damp and cold. I finally was able to get out in the backyard yesterday for a test hang.

Wow, is this hammock comfortable. I used my Big Agnes insulated air mattress and a down comforter from one of my guest rooms (didn't want to drag out a hiking quilt) Info about comforter: filled with 17 oz of 600 fill power down / queen size/ doubled... laid in the hammock for a couple of hours, took an afternoon nap and was toasty - woke up because I was too hot... was able to move around pretty much like I was on a narrow cot. The temp was 42 F with intermittent winds at 5 to 10 MPH

My neighbors appeared disappointed... they are accustomed to much more entertainment when I exit a hammock . For those who don't know me, I have some mobility issues that make exiting a hammock extremely difficult and my neighbors are accustomed to scenes like the one described in this thread. JRB supplied me with an extra overhead webbing strap (deemed the "handicapped strap") to use to assist me in exiting the hammock. The design of this hammock is especially suited for this addition and I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble rising from a seated position due to back or leg weakness or hip or knee problems.

I will sleep in the hammock overnight in my backyard as soon as I'm over the current bronchitis and sinus infection and give y'all a report. I'll be trying it out with a Ridgerest CCF pad and a Thermarest Prolite 3 in the near future.

I've also started the design for additional 'wings' to our 10' x 12' silnylon tarp so two dinos can hang together similar to the way Ed & Karen Speer do. Eventually, I want to design a two-person tarptent for hammocks similar to the single versions current offered by both JRB and Speer.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    that's good to hear Mrs FD!
    about the hammock that is... sorry that you guys are sick. me too.

keep us informed when you get a chance to use it more.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    My JRB Bear Mountain arrived on Tuesday, but I had to take He-Dino to the doctor immediately after it arrived - both Dinos have been pretty sick and east TN has been windy, damp and cold. I finally was able to get out in the backyard yesterday for a test hang.

Wow, is this hammock comfortable. I used my Big Agnes insulated air mattress and a down comforter from one of my guest rooms (didn't want to drag out a hiking quilt) Info about comforter: filled with 17 oz of 600 fill power down / queen size/ doubled... laid in the hammock for a couple of hours, took an afternoon nap and was toasty - woke up because I was too hot... was able to move around pretty much like I was on a narrow cot. The temp was 42 F with intermittent winds at 5 to 10 MPH

My neighbors appeared disappointed... they are accustomed to much more entertainment when I exit a hammock . For those who don't know me, I have some mobility issues that make exiting a hammock extremely difficult and my neighbors are accustomed to scenes like the one described in this thread. JRB supplied me with an extra overhead webbing strap (deemed the "handicapped strap") to use to assist me in exiting the hammock. The design of this hammock is especially suited for this addition and I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble rising from a seated position due to back or leg weakness or hip or knee problems.

I will sleep in the hammock overnight in my backyard as soon as I'm over the current bronchitis and sinus infection and give y'all a report. I'll be trying it out with a Ridgerest CCF pad and a Thermarest Prolite 3 in the near future.

I've also started the design for additional 'wings' to our 10' x 12' silnylon tarp so two dinos can hang together similar to the way Ed & Karen Speer do. Eventually, I want to design a two-person tarptent for hammocks similar to the single versions current offered by both JRB and Speer.
    That's great that it is working out for you. I know you have been looking for a hammock for a while that worked with your issues. Hope you and He-Dino get better soon.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    FD- I hope you'll still share your HH 'birthing' experience with the young hangers from time to time. That's one of those stories I'll always remember hearing at Trail Days.

Very glad that you have finally found a hammock that works for you; life is good.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I'm glad the JRB BMB is working out for you. I bet it's nice to have a comfortable hammock that's easy to get out of.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I am thinking about this hammock and all the good news about it is helping
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    I'm waiting till I play with this thing a little longer before I give my opinions. Might take her for an overniter this weekend. So far so good.............
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    I'm waiting till I play with this thing a little longer before I give my opinions. Might take her for an overniter this weekend. So far so good.............
    Ditto.................................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    FD- I hope you'll still share your HH 'birthing' experience with the young hangers from time to time. That's one of those stories I'll always remember hearing at Trail Days.

Very glad that you have finally found a hammock that works for you; life is good.

Ohhhh...Do tell. That sounds like a good one.
    FD's-- I am happy to hear that the hammock is working so well for you. I hope that you all get feeling better soon.
    "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured"

Images
    I placed my order and am in the second tier of shipping, eagerly awaiting the UPS man. Soooo, while I wait, any owner/user field tests yet?

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast