Hammock
    WL Snipe/Modded ENO DN
    Tarp
    SOOPAFLY/WLTadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 3/4 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Straps or Whoopies
    I Love My DN now that I have modded it a bit. A adjustable structural ridgeline is a must so you can consistently get that flat lay. I've swapped out the thick junk rope and biner with amsteel and D-rings. But the best thing I have done is the Knotty mod. Here's the linkhttp://http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29560 It's Awesome it gives you a footbox, and keeps your quilt and pillow from falling out of the hammock due to floppy sides. here's some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trees4Me; 11-22-2012 at 23:11.
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence."-Robert Frost

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trees4Me View Post
    I Love My DN now that I have modded it a bit. A adjustable structural ridgeline is a must so you can consistently get that flat lay. I've swapped out the thick junk rope and biner with amsteel and D-rings. But the best thing I have done is the Knotty mod. Here's the linkhttp://http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29560 It's Awesome it gives you a footbox, and keeps your quilt and pillow from falling out of the hammock due to floppy sides. here's some pics

Nice Knotty mod!. Been thinking about doing this to my DN.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rem_700 View Post
    I made my own whoopie slings from 3mm (1/8 in) dyneema. The ridgeline is made from the same material. I used this youtube video to make my whoopie sling > DIY Whoopie Slings My ridgeline is adjustable. Same as a whoopie sling, but with a long gap between the fixed loop and the beginning of the bury, and is currently set at 2590mm (102 in).

This is my foot end, where I can adjust the ridgeline. I threaded the loop through the rap ring before inserting it into the bury, so it's not really removable(though it's not that hard to pull apart if needed). To fasten the hammock to the rap ring, I've made a continuous loop of dyneema that I threaded through the end of the hammock and rap ring before completing the loop, so there is no girth hitch, or double loops there.

This is the head end, just a couple of fixed loops, girth hitched for the ridgeline and WS.

Very nice. It's almost the same as mine, except for the ridge line. I like your creative use of the woopie. I used a klemheist knot, but yours looks cleaner. I may change to your system today. Thanks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567