Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba

JRB Hudson River for versatility? Or Mt Washington 3?

Hi guys

Looking for a full length UQ. I'm thinking about the Hudson River as it's lighter but still full length and then I saw the Mt Washington 3, a little shorter but goes down to -10C.

I'm looking for versatility, warmth but nothing overkill. I'm not planning on camping in the snow but don't want to be caught short on a particularly frosting night. I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to sleeping cold, can't stand it.

Also, I don't know for sure but I presume both will fit on a WBBB without any problem?

I'm looking for a full length so I can use it as a TQ in the future it I ever have to. I thought about the Yeti but don't think something that only covers the torso is what I want. I'm looking to reduce bulk and the number of items in the pack so taking pads for the carves and feet when I could just get a single UQ isn't attractive.

But then I'm a complete novice at all this stuff, so maybe I'm all a__backwards!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandOfCod View Post
    I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to sleeping cold, can't stand it.
    Then, I would push you towards the MW3. Of all the quilts from JRB, and I have a few, the Mount Washington series is easily my favorite. They snug up very well against the hammock and stay put. If you want to hedge your bets against drafts, pick the MW3

Quote Originally Posted by HandOfCod View Post
    Also, I don't know for sure but I presume both will fit on a WBBB without any problem?
    Yes, any of the JRB quilts fit on a Blackbird.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    I personally prefer the MW series due to the differential cut. It makes things really simple when time to set/up and adjust, just make sure it is snug against your back.

One thing I like about a PeaPod NOT being differentially cut is: if I need more warmth I can just hang it loose with a bigger gap, which allows me to place all kinds of insulating material down there for more warmth. Which makes it quite versatile. So, would that approach work very well with a non-dif cut UQ like the Hudson River, making it more versatile than the MW series? I have no idea. But an MW is a sweet way to stay warm, that I do know!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Thanks guys I ended up going with the mt Washington 3. Shipped the same day I purchased it! Great service!

• + New Posts