Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    Make them gray side out maybe?

Acer
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    I am proud of my heritage as an American. However I am not politically correct the way that I have my American Flag hung at my house. It is hung at night and I do not have it under direct lights as it is supposed to be. I am working to correct that.

You have flag motif fabric. It is no more disrespectful than the American Flag beach towel that I have or the Stars and Stripes bandana that I where when riding my motorcycle. I will ask if you are willing to part with some of the material because I will be happy to make my 1st DIY hammock and then hang and hang out in my flag hammock in the front yard anytime.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    hennessy,diy
    Tarp
    hex,diy
    Insulation
    uq,pad
    Suspension
    diy whoppie, tree
    well good news(i think) just visited a local seamstress i know and solved my delima... traded it all for an equal amount of camo ripstop.. and she seemed real excited about the trade.. still would have been neat to make and think ill have my wife keep an eye out for more( she gave 99 cents a yard).
    To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
    Helen Keller

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    I'd do the same as BigBama, I would proudly sport a double layered hammock made out of American Flag printed Nylon. Hell yeah. If people are offended by me sporting an American flag hammock, then they have bigger problems than I do.

People need to spend less time being offended, and more time minding their own business. If I want to proudly sport the American flag on anything I own, I should be able to do that anytime, anywhere I want without hassle.

Do the same in any other country and then I could understand.

Should I be offended by the person that sports a British flag on the roof of their Mini? Should I be offended by the rat rod VW rabbit with the german flag painted on the roof? Should I be offeded by the hundreds of Puerto Rican flags I see hanging from rear view mirrors? Should I be offeded by a Jamaican that calls themselves African American? Should I be offended when I drive into the town of Albertville and see that a lot of the signs are now posted in Spanish with NO English translation, but the English signs all have spanish translation? Should I be offended every time some one accuses me of being a dumb racist hillbilly because I didn't vote for Obama? Seriously, how many people point the finger and accuse people of being offensive while the entire time being offensive and inflamatory?

Why is everyone so eager to find something that offends them these days by things that should be offensive, yet things that are blantantly offensive are acceptible?

Make your hammocks out of that material if you darn well please, if someone finds it offensive, they need to pull the stick from their butt and learn to mind their own business and get over it. What offends one person may not be a problem for the rest. If you spend your life worrying about what offends someone then you'll never live your life. Because almost every action you ever take in life would be offensive to someone somewhere.

And now I'm offended because you traded all of the material out of fear of offending someone. People being offended offends me, god how offensive can you be, we're all offended! Don't you feel bad now?
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    hennessy,diy
    Tarp
    hex,diy
    Insulation
    uq,pad
    Suspension
    diy whoppie, tree
    wasnt really worried so much about offending people( although superfluous negative comments are not desired) as i was the patriotic angle on using a near whole flag( yes i realize its not a real flag) and the repercussions that would follow from extremists on the subject.. wife thinks the discount store she found it at probably has more and will check next week.. actually went to the seemstress to ask about dying it, when she offered me the trade.. i figured ripstop versus plain nylon why not?
    To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
    Helen Keller

Hammock
    hennessy,diy
    Tarp
    hex,diy
    Insulation
    uq,pad
    Suspension
    diy whoppie, tree
    and bigbamaguy wish id have seen your reply earlier,, if she gets any more ill let you know, always happy to share.
    Helen Keller

Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skoalbandit30 View Post
    problem is it has an american flag design,.
    Nah nothing wrong with that... it´s not touching ground

-Bomber
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    SB30:
    No problem, and good trade in my opinion on the material. What are the demensions on the ripstop and weight if you don't mind me asking? Also is it standard 3 color woodland or is the MARPAT camo patter?
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    hennessy,diy
    Tarp
    hex,diy
    Insulation
    uq,pad
    Suspension
    diy whoppie, tree
    havnt weighed it yet, apears to be slightly lighter than 1.9 could be wrong, 3 bolts 10 yrds each 60" wide. digital camo looks like the wm kind.
    Helen Keller

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Make your hammock, hang a real flag from your ridgeline, mount a set of buck antlers onto one of the trees you're hanging from, stick a few prominent NRA stickers on the side, and no one in their right mind will mess with you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast