Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks for confirming that Wabi. Interesting. Sort of the opposite of some other bridge designs I've read about that are usually narrower at the foot.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe 2Q's MOD 3
    Tarp
    Large HH Tarp
    Insulation
    XL 3in self inflat
    Suspension
    Whoopiesling/strap
    I really like the storage in head and foot.
    Hmmmm
    Does this idea trump a gear hammock?
    It adds length so the trees need to be further apart. Lay looks mighty nice....

Still have the carabs?
    Pm to ya
    Tom

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DIY Nylon
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    AHE webbing
    I ordered a set of the 5/8" aluminum poles for spreader bars from the company - Quest outfitters - in the link BER provided.

I would rather be able to store the spreader bars without rolling them inside the folded hammock, as the little fabric "socks" that come with the hammock for covering the ends of the poles keep slipping off as the hammock is rolled. I figure sooner or later the pole will puncture the fabric.

I ordered them yesterday and got an email they were to be shipped today - and that my credit card was charged $1.70 LESS than the invoice!
    The shipping charge had been reduced to actual postage cost!!!!!!!
    That's rare service to encounter in today's business world! I will keep that company's url in my bookmarks and highly recommend them to anyone who might need their products!

Hammock
    HH Expd Asm or DIY or WBBB or .....
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TOB9595 View Post
    I really like the storage in head and foot.
    It adds length so the trees need to be further apart.
    Tom
    Unless I'm looking at it wrong, the storage ends shouldn't add any distance between trees. You can't use trees any closer than the apex of the webbing anyhow. I think??
    My knife is so sharp it cut the sixth finger off my right hand! On the plus side, Inigo Montoya no longer hunts me.

Hammock
    DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 10x10 Cat cut
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wabi View Post
    I ordered them yesterday and got an email they were to be shipped today - and that my credit card was charged $1.70 LESS than the invoice!
    The shipping charge had been reduced to actual postage cost!!!!!!!
    That's rare service to encounter in today's business world! I will keep that company's url in my bookmarks and highly recommend them to anyone who might need their products!
    I have ordered from them a couple times and each time they did the same. Needless to say I will continue ordering from them. That';s some good folks!

So here is my question. . .putting aside the weight. . .is the Chryslais more comfortable for a 50+ camper? I do canoe camping and weight is not as big a deal. currently my tent weighs more then 5 lbs.

Also, how does the lifetime warranty compare to that offered by other hammock manufacturers? It strikes me that Eureka has been around for years and probably will be around for many more. . .many of the hammock manufacturers are new guys on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by kycamper View Post
    So here is my question. . .putting aside the weight. . .is the Chryslais more comfortable for a 50+ camper? I do canoe camping and weight is not as big a deal. currently my tent weighs more then 5 lbs.

Also, how does the lifetime warranty compare to that offered by other hammock manufacturers? It strikes me that Eureka has been around for years and probably will be around for many more. . .many of the hammock manufacturers are new guys on the block.
    KYC-
    Sorry for the lack of timely response to your question. I am not sure I am yet qualified to recommend the Chrysalis based on comfort. In the two days now that I have spent time in the hammock (~2 hours) I have found it VERY comfortable during that time. But, I have not yet had a chance to sleep in it. I will be happy to comment more once I get to use it more. But like all hammocks, I think the only person that can answer whether YOU will be comfortable in a particular hammock is you. We all hang a little different.

In so far as the warranty...I think I have likely voided mine by taking their hammock apart. I have not had Eureka products before, so cannot speak to their warranty specifics. While I have not had any problems from hammocks from the "new guys", my impression is that the cottage manufacturers represented on HF bend over backwards to fix problems. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    BER... Do you think the hammock is cunstructed well enough to support 275#?

Thats whats holding me back from ordering one.

I think it is way overbuilt. The fabric is at least equivalent to 1.9oz nylon and the suspension as built is up to the task as well. I am wondering whether the suspension is nylon webbing as I had to hang it high initially to stay off the ground. Much less of a problem now that I switched out the suspension to whoopies.

I think the 225 is very conservative, but YMMV.

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DIY Nylon
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    AHE webbing
    Opie,

I think the "weak link" in the hammock suspension is probably the cam buckle.
    I'd say if you tied a backup knot (slippery half hitch) the hammock would probably hold more weight.
    I didn't like the cam buckle because of it's physical weight and the fact it could cause the webbing to wear quickly, so I changed the suspension on mine.

The hammock itself seems to be very well constructed.

I only weigh 175# and didn't seem to be putting a strain on anything when I got in mine, even with the cam buckles & webbing still on it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast