So, after my introduction I want to show you my first DIY hammock. As you can see in my other thread, I have done several other DIY projects but using a hammock out on the trail was new to me. Until I found Shugs videos on YouTube. After watching some of them, I got infected with the hammocking virus. And what can I tell you.... It feels quiet right !
But let me show you some pictures I made today. It was the first time I could hang in the woods... There are no trees tall enough in my backyard.

The ridgline is set to about 95" (bare with me if I get the American measurement wrong...). Was a good hang but there are two things I am not sure about.
1. I can't sit in the hammock and lean back like I saw it on several pictures. Its more lying....
2. Lying in the diagonal gives me a nice spot for my feet on one side but on the other side the middle part of the hammock is always a bit too high. Know what I mean?

But those are only points that would be a "nice to have" and not a "must have".

The last picture is just for showing how small it packs down. The total package weighs about 15.66oz.
The hammock hasn't seen any sew machine at all. I'm still looking for a new one (and my first one )

Greetz from Germany