Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Just got out of an impromptu trip to the hospital and subsequent trip to see a doctor... I have been told I am not going to be able to go hiking let alone backpacking for at least two weeks. I promptly told him that’s okay I only plan on a three day hike... My fiancée was then instructed to hide my hammock. Dang ground campers they all teamed up against me. So as of this time I will be flagging off my part in this trip
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    1.7 Dbl. WBBB Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Trap
    Insulation
    Merlin3 TQ/Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lowclass View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Just got out of an impromptu trip to the hospital and subsequent trip to see a doctor... I have been told I am not going to be able to go hiking let alone backpacking for at least two weeks. I promptly told him that’s okay I only plan on a three day hike... My fiancée was then instructed to hide my hammock. Dang ground campers they all teamed up against me. So as of this time I will be flagging off my part in this trip
    Sorry to hear that hope you heal good.
    U.S. Army Paratrooper, Combat Engineer, DAV (Life Member), American Legion (Life Member)
    NMLRA(1 of 1000[#249] & Life Member), NRA(Life Member)
    Perry Lodge #123 F&AM(Perpetual Member), Perfect Ashlar Lodge #12 F&AM(Perpetual Member)

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben,12x8.5
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Wopi,Togl,TreHugr
    I have to say Clark Jungle Hammocks almost certainly are my favorite although I have seen some tarps that fold in front and back and close in on the hammock not sure which or where to look for these tarps. I am a little shell shocked before the trip was planning on picking up a Hammock bliss typical hammock but there are none available where I was looking. So my fall back is to buy a Hennesy for a bit more dough but my little boy broke his arm and it is going to cost couple hundred bucks for a cast no insurance. So I am going for a Grand Trunk double nest and bringing along a tarp for cover. Well still formulating what I might do hahaha this is lots of fun got to admit the possibilities. In cold weather what do most of you rely on to keep the top of the hammock warm. Theres the underquilt for the bottom the hammock no mesh-um netting and tarp right?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    To keep warm on top you will need a sleeping bag or a top quilt. Some top quilts are dedicated to just being top quilts. I like Jacksrbetter quilts that can be used either as a top or under quilt. I use a sleeping bag/topquilt and an underquilt/pad depending on the temps. I have two sleeping bags and two quilts that I mix an match according to the expected temps of the trip. Without having checked weather yet for this trip I'm planning on taking a JRB hudson river (rated to 25 ish degrees) to use as an underquilt and a 3 seasons sleeping bag (rated to 15ish degrees).

Took a look at the weather. Here is a link
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text
    Last edited by Roadtorque; 10-16-2010 at 22:49. Reason: Looked at weather

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Sounds like the hospitals and doctors are making some serious money off the HF members this week. I just bought a crows nest three season incubator still awaiting delivery to see what it's like. I found a sleeping bag alone isn't enough at the minimum I'd sugjest a foam pad and good sleeping bag.
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Anything below 70 degrees requires some type of underside insulation (for most people). A sleeping bag is considered top side insulation in the hammock world. Lowclass is right. A pad or underquilt is required.

Could those who have hiked this trail before give me a bit of a trail description. I understand it is about 1/2 mile and pretty steep. I'm a little curious to know how rocky the trail is?

Hammock
    WB BB DL 1.7oz
    Tarp
    SuperFly/Oware
    Insulation
    KAUQ,WBurrowTQU,PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Rocky. Have been down the Tramway trail several times, Switchbacks,Toe Cramming,Down hill, rock and roots. Ohhhh but it's worth it, There is fishing, swimming, sight seeing, relaxing to the sweet canyon songs, good cooking and company. Do Da Google Earth. 700' drop in about 1/2 horizontal mile. I use a Staff, for balance and help with the weight. Pretty handy if you come across a snake too. Hey Samuel bring an extra sleeping bag and rig it as an Under Quilt.
    The Older I get, the Faster I use to be.

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben,12x8.5
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Wopi,Togl,TreHugr
    Yah luckily I have a 0 degree bag and a 20 degree bag. I am thinking of using the 0 as my sleeping bag and 20 as a under quilt and it all depends on the weather. I will bring a 10 by 10 tarp for a rain cover and extra rope and stakes to hang it. Never thought I would be using a blue tarp as a rain cover in this way! I hope for good weather because I would much rather star gaze from my hammock.

Hammock
    WB BB DL 1.7oz
    Tarp
    SuperFly/Oware
    Insulation
    KAUQ,WBurrowTQU,PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ok Forecast for Happy Jack, AZ 22-23 55/32 isolated thunderstorms. Got gear? What's the count now? I'm in, digging for rain gear.
    The Older I get, the Faster I use to be.

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

new trip participant

Wife's b'day celebration has been moved from today to Saturday. I won't be attending after all.
    Last edited by heyyou; 10-20-2010 at 16:42. Reason: my plan to attend, failed

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast