Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    suprfly
    Insulation
    JRB-full length

warbonnet gone, bought a deep jungle

anyone have any issues or solutions using the heat reflector pad on the new HH deep jungle asym? it's super warm but can't seem to get spread properly. please help.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    Baby Orca, Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing
    This is one of the hammocks that I'm considering. Sorry I can't offer a solution. What exactly is the problem?

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    blasphemy! just teasing

Is that the new pad from HH?

Thanks,
    John

Hammock
    blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    suprfly
    Insulation
    JRB-full length

i know....

im a blasphemer! Cause this was gonna be my second hammock and -i already have an HH Safari, (which is a massive, heavy but increadibly spacious and comfortable hammock-plus I have the hex fly and zipper mod on it, so its like a palace) I wanted to get something lighter, the warbonnet blackbird was the choice. But the opprotunity came up to go out this weekend where I needed to go light -WB decided to take the month off, Im punished for being spontaneos. The deep jungle is, though not as large as my safari, quite soft and comfortable, plus its 2 pounds lighter. knowing there may one day be a warbonnet in my future I went ahead and bought the deep jungle. when I slung it up for the first time (in my mosquito infested backyard) I noticed the value of the double-layer bottom, I had no issues with the usual *******s knawing at my *** and back. I slipped the pad in, got in the hammock and right away noticed the reflective heat. HH says this pad will make the tent 3 season, im inclined to say four (if youre only talking down into the 30s). laying on the pad I noticed it was bunching up or not staying strait or flat inder me. I know I didnt attach it to the side pull outs, but, even if I did, what can be done about keeping it flat at the head and feet, which is where I had the most bunch up of pad?
    Also, I plan on getting a different tarp for this rig, I really want a speer 4 season with full enclosure. any thoughts?
    ps. with the zipper entry, pure comfort and new tarp attachment method, this deep jungle is pretty sweet!

Hammock
    blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    suprfly
    Insulation
    JRB-full length
    yea, the pad is the one that comes with the deep jungle zip xl

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reeock View Post
    im a blasphemer! Cause this was gonna be my second hammock and -i already have an HH Safari, (which is a massive, heavy but increadibly spacious and comfortable hammock-plus I have the hex fly and zipper mod on it, so its like a palace)
    I'm with you on that, the Safari is one more comfy hammock. I did not realize you could get a zip mod on that, wow! ( BTW, mine, which does not have a net, is 2 lbs 2 oz. So, not as heavy as some might think, considering the listed weight is I think over 4 lbs. A lot of that weight is with a large non-sil nylon tarp.

HH says this pad will make the tent 3 season, im inclined to say four (if youre only talking down into the 30s). laying on the pad I noticed it was bunching up or not staying strait or flat inder me. I know I didnt attach it to the side pull outs, but, even if I did, what can be done about keeping it flat at the head and feet, which is where I had the most bunch up of pad?
    Also, I plan on getting a different tarp for this rig, I really want a speer 4 season with full enclosure. any thoughts?
    ps. with the zipper entry, pure comfort and new tarp attachment method, this deep jungle is pretty sweet!
    As far as I know, you are the 1st one here to use the new HH pad in the new HH dbl layer hammock. It's up to you to test it and let us know all about it, and to figure out how to defeat the bunching.

FWIW - I was just reading this the other day:

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/revi...mas%20Vickers/

... the reviewer mentions the same problem and the solution?
    If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point. - xkcd

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    so the HH pad bunches up
    bottom line is that you are off the ground and that you have evolved into a higher being. There's a lot to be said for that!

Hammock
    blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    suprfly
    Insulation
    JRB-full length
    love it! the heat shield is fantastic! simple clips attach to the side tie outs and keep it in place. ibwent backpacking in the white mountains to a destination I've never been. it turned out very, very few reasonable spots to camp even fir a hammock. we ended up hanging over soppy bog. thank god for the hammock. if I were In a tent I'd have been screwed. I took a friend on his first hang, he is now a convert! as fir the HH deep J, it was wonderful, but small compared to my safari and prefer the coverage of the hex tarp over the one that came with the deep jungle.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast