Hammock
    HH ULEA w/2QZQ
    Tarp
    OES 12X10 SpinnUL
    Insulation
    DIY momen/PL TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Thanks again all, I just finished my big bishop bag. I made it big enough to fit all my winter stuff. As is, it compresses down to a little larger than a football. I might add compression straps later. I made it with 2 chambers ( the whoopie line passes through a botton hole to the other). A small chamber in the bottom section to hold the staps and line on that end. It could also hold stakes. Here are some pictures......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by strung2tite; 07-24-2010 at 22:18.

Hammock
    DIY Speer style
    Tarp
    Hallelujah
    Insulation
    "Sto" Serape & RRG
    Images
    I use a double ended / double ended sack for everything. The main chamber is for the hammock and underquilt and an inflatable pillow. Draw cords "shut this chamber off on each end. Then there's another much smaller chamber that holds the wet hanging straps. Looks kinda like a sausage with a big middle and small bulbs on each end. I don't press it down ulta tight, i.e. compression straps. I shove it into the bottom of my pack then pile the rest of my gear on top. Last step compress all of it down to tie off the pack. On a day long hike I can tighten the pack up at mid morning, noon, and then again mid day. The bishop bag is basically a tube with a draw cord on each end and then another pair of draw cords ~5" from the ends. There was a long discussion about making the bishop bag water proof. I decided to go with redundant water resistant layers: pack cover, water resistant pack body (Go-lite), oven bag for the bishop bag, sil for the bishop bag. None of this is water tight, but so far (many, many wet days/miles) it has worked for me.

To deploy: open one end, tie off, open 2 draw cords on other end, pull it out and tie off. To strike camp: tighten the inner draw cord on one end, undo the tie off, let it drop, start stuffing walking backwards, tie off the 2nd inner cord, undo 2nd tie off, stuff the hanging apparatus (whoopies and straps) into the bulb, stuff hanging apparatus from the first end into the bulb. The only thing that hits the ground are the tree straps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123