Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Suspension
    WB Webbing

Suspended Sleeping System or S3 by Center of Gravity, Inc.

So maybe some ultra knowledgeable hammock freak out there can tell me if this ever went into production and if not, why? And if not, why isn't someone out there making something like this or is someone? The only info out there is from a review at www.backpacking.net under the Suspended Sleeping System. Tell me your thoughts and/or opinions. Thanks!

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by the-gear-recycler View Post
    So maybe some ultra knowledgeable hammock freak out there can tell me if this ever went into production and if not, why? And if not, why isn't someone out there making something like this or is someone? The only info out there is from a review at www.backpacking.net under the Suspended Sleeping System. Tell me your thoughts and/or opinions. Thanks!
    http://www.backpacking.net/gear-reviews/sss/

Is a link to the review in question. It looks like to be a hammock with bugnet and it also says includes at "mattress" and "sleeping bag".

I would say all in one systems tend to lack flexibility for one thing. The idea is novel. Just take a look at Dutch's Bridgeskin. (Backpack that coverts to a bridge style hammock). The system as shown in the review weights over 9 pounds. That doesn't cut it with most of the ultralight and gram weenie crowds these days.

As for why it's not made, I would guess that there wasn't a large enough market for such a product.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    The thought I had was taking this concept and using today's ultralight fabrics and making something similar but more compact and obviously lighter. I actually bought the review hammock on eBay from the tester and the tarp came from something off the back of a flatbed truck-super burly but WAY heavy. I think it may try to do too much but with the right combo of materials could be awesome. I don't know...

• + New Posts