WB BB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow&Incubator
    Suspension
    BB webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by LyttleBryan View Post
    I'm wondering how many people missed the part about her sleeping in my Blackbird all weekend while I slept in the ENO.

I also wonder how many people missed the post about how her complaints about the hammock were followed by request for Fly Creek One for her birthday.

Come to think of it, I wonder how many people actually read all of the posts before responding.
    Oh, that was a request was it? I read that as you misinterpreting her hate of anything outdoors as possibly being mitigated by a tent
    If she wants to go camping with you, keep her, even with the tent requirement! Hehe.

-Frikk

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    have to agree with kthompson....if she is wired anti-hammock then other processies are probably defective as well....lots of fish in the sea, and think about it, fish are kinda in a permanent hammock, a water hammock with a water top quilt and bottom quilt-hey, and a water suspension...water tarp too maybe.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    just because a lot of people seem to be missing the point, she doesn't hate the outdoors, she hates hammocks. She was into outdoors long before I met her, and on any given trip she can be seen easily strolling up the most miserable of trails while I'm crawling on my hands and knees trying to keep up.
    If there's two ways to take my comments, assume it's the lighter and funnier of the two.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Ogee
    Insulation
    Jerry Chair
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I think you are very lucky... you have someone who loves to hike with you but who will never argue with you for the best hammock site when you camp.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    If there's two ways to take my comments, assume it's the lighter and funnier of the two.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LyttleBryan View Post
    just because a lot of people seem to be missing the point, she doesn't hate the outdoors, she hates hammocks.
    Every one of the complaints you gave is an issue with tents too.

How is the temperature or presence of bugs the hammock's fault? It's either nature's fault, or operator error, but I'm having trouble envisioning how you can blame the hammock for those things.

If it's a comfort issue, or your back being unable to take the position, then that could be the hammock's fault. I'll even concede that the claustrophobic feel can be the hammock's fault - but that can easily be remedied by switching to a different hammock.

It seems to me that she is blaming the hammock for a bunch of stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the hammock, and that's the reason so many people are misunderstanding the issue here. "A lot of people" might be missing the point - but you are missing our point, that few of her complaints are related to the hammock if chosen and set up properly.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    Every one of the complaints you gave is an issue with tents too.

How is the temperature or presence of bugs the hammock's fault? It's either nature's fault, or operator error, but I'm having trouble envisioning how you can blame the hammock for those things.

If it's a comfort issue, or your back being unable to take the position, then that could be the hammock's fault. I'll even concede that the claustrophobic feel can be the hammock's fault - but that can easily be remedied by switching to a different hammock.

It seems to me that she is blaming the hammock for a bunch of stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the hammock, and that's the reason so many people are misunderstanding the issue here. "A lot of people" might be missing the point - but you are missing our point, that few of her complaints are related to the hammock if chosen and set up properly.
    Her primary complaint was how horribly uncomfortable the hammock is. Why else would she have referred to it as a torture tomb?

It amazes me how personally some people take things sometimes. Ever had one thing ruin your whole day and suddenly everything seems to be a negative? In this case it was being miserably uncomfortable in a hammock...and then suddenly everything she didn't mind bothered her.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmanob View Post
    Awww, I think she'd go again, if your hammock was beside her RV,

The last time my wife and I went ground camping, she promised me in the middle of the night Anything if we would just pack up and go home....

Well I did, and she kept her side of the bargain... ...
    You're bad. But that's funny. And it was probably worth it!!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by eflat7 View Post
    You're bad. But that's funny. And it was probably worth it!!
    Admit it, you'd do the same! (we all would)

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    My hiking buddy (might as well be my GF, we have been on at least 100 trips together through the years) refuses to sleep in a hammock because he says he cant sleep moving around like that. He just paid around 300$ for an MSR hubba bubba tent AFTER I made him a tarp, hammock, and suspension... for free. Will not use it!

Heck, buy her the dang tent and let her sleep in it. You sleep in the hammock. At least you guys get outdoors together, thats all that really matters. You don't have to sleep in the same spot just to have a little "adult" time. There is plenty of opportunity for that in the woods. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that.

You're lucky to have a GF who loves the outdoors!

BTW that was an awesome cartoon.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345