Me and my bud (2P, short for 2PBR, short for "2nd Place in a Bear race" ) have decided to do Denali.
I have been doing a ton of reading so I know the basics. I was hoping for insights and suggestions from our members that have been there or know someone that has.
The trip is planned for July 2011 (exact date tentative) We plan on driving 3800+ miles from Indianapolis to Anchorage and flying back. The road trip is part of the appeal. 7 days including drive. Backpacking, Hiking, hammock camping, morel shrooming. I wanted to fish but read that it's not very good there.
1. Do you suggest somewhere beside Denali?
2. Will hammocking be an issue?
3. Do you suggest a different time of year or is July good?
4. Is it true about the fishing?
5. We wanted to see Canada too. Is it a huge mistake to take the time to drive there?
6. Any other info would be appreciated.
Thanks a ton in advance!