Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Claytor has apparently refused to send me a refund and instead he sent me another hammock. I told him in three seprate emails that I did not want another hammock because I had already ordered another Clark. He stopped responding to my emails after the first request for a refund. Now I have two Claytor Jungle hammocks that I don't want and I'm out the $150 I paid him. I hope to recover it by selling the hammocks in the 4 sale section here or on ebay - but that in itself is a hassle.

I'm not sure if he thinks he is being honorable by sending me another hammock or what. All I know is that if I buy something that is advertise with "full refund if not satisfied" and then the merchant refuses to give a refund and instead offers me another of the thing I am unsatisfied with, then I'm still unsatisfied - twice.

If you are not familiar with the Claytor Jungle Hammock and think you might want to return it if you find it unsatisfactory, then you should ask Claytor for the return information BEFORE you send him any money. After he has your money he won't give you those instructions and will instead send you another hammock. I wonder if I keep sending him requests for a refund if he will keep sending me hammocks - by the end of the year I'll have a warehouse full.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Give him some time nogods; he seems to have a fairly positive reputation. Maybe he's out doing something crazy...like hiking. My money says you get a response; eventually.

I've learned to not be in a hurry when dealing with cottage industries or just small business. It really makes you appreciate outfits like the Speers who get stuff out yesterday and don't seem to ever be on vacation.

Images
    Yeah, I don't know when Ed has time to hike!

Images
    The payment to Claytor ends up going to http://www.argentinapolo.com/ which doesn't look like a "cottage" industry to me. Perhaps Tom is too busy playing polo to respond.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The payment to Claytor ends up going to http://www.argentinapolo.com/ which doesn't look like a "cottage" industry to me. Perhaps Tom is too busy playing polo to respond.
    I just checkout that site....and I thought hammocking could be expensive....sure glad I'm not addicted to polo! Hopefully the others are correct that Tom is simply away. If not, you should be able to sell both hammocks and possibly even turn a profit. In fact, I may have a friend that probably would be willing to take one off your hands.

Miguel

I had a TC Jungle Hammock. I returned it because it wasn't long enough for my 6'5" frame, but I honestly thought it was better made then the HH Deluxe A-Sym I was replacing, the price was softer, he responded quickly to e-mails, and he let me return it as long as I paid for shipping. In the end, much like with most products, you may have just got the lemon of the bunch as otherwise mine was very well made as a whole and very inexpensive in comparision.

Images
    The Claytor Jungle hammock came back. Apparently my neighbor’s son was not too keen on hammock hanging. And Claytor did finally send me an email with instructions for sending them back for a refund, but I’ve decided to keep them.

With the first one, I’m going to try adding a weather shield to be made from that waterproof material I got at Wal-Mart the other day. If I hold it up against a mirror and blow into it the mirror gets fogged, so I’m assuming that means it is breathable. But it is not rip stop.

Here are my plans for the weather shield. All suggestions for modification or improvement will be greatly appreciated.

I’m going to have a seamstress hem all four edges. Then I’ll use velcro to attach the bottom edges to the sides of the hammock and to close the ends up. I’ll put grommets in the middle of the end pieces so I can tie them to a tree to keep position over the hammock.

I'll have the hems sewn tomorrow, then add the grommets and velcro.

One odd thing about the Claytor Jungle Camo Hammock that I noticed - the ropes for tying the netting and rainfly are bright lime - kinda takes away from the stealth aspect.

By the way, even though the hammocks are no longer for sale, the dog is for sale if you are interested - I can't afford the psychologist for it anymore
    Last edited by nogods; 10-14-2007 at 18:54.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Just use or copy the fly from the Clark if it is long enough, it only weighs about 9 oz. It makes a great weathershield when pulled down around the hammock

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    The Claytor Jungle hammock came back. Apparently my neighbor痴 son was not too keen on hammock hanging. And Claytor did finally send me an email with instructions for sending them back for a refund, but I致e decided to keep them.

With the first one, I知 going to try adding a weather shield to be made from that waterproof material I got at Wal-Mart the other day. If I hold it up against a mirror and blow into it the mirror gets fogged, so I知 assuming that means it is breathable. But it is not rip stop.

Here are my plans for the weather shield. All suggestions for modification or improvement will be greatly appreciated.

I知 going to have a seamstress hem all four edges. Then I値l use velcro to attach the bottom edges to the sides of the hammock and to close the ends up. I値l put grommets in the middle of the end pieces so I can tie them to a tree to keep position over the hammock.

One odd thing about the Claytor Jungle Camo Hammock that I noticed - the ropes for tying the netting and rainfly are bright lime - kinda takes away from the stealth aspect.

By the way, even though the hammocks are no longer for sale, the dog is for sale if you are interested - I can't afford the psychologist for it anymore
    yabadabado i am a claytor jungle hammock hanging fool neo

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    The Claytor Jungle hammock came back. Apparently my neighbor痴 son was not too keen on hammock hanging. And Claytor did finally send me an email with instructions for sending them back for a refund, but I致e decided to keep them.

With the first one, I知 going to try adding a weather shield to be made from that waterproof material I got at Wal-Mart the other day. If I hold it up against a mirror and blow into it the mirror gets fogged, so I知 assuming that means it is breathable. But it is not rip stop.

I知 going to have a seamstress hem all four edges. Then I値l use velcro to attach the bottom edges to the sides of the hammock and to close the ends up. I値l put grommets in the middle of the end pieces so I can tie them to a tree to keep position over the hammock.

my set up with the 12 x 12 guide gear neo camo tarp

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...php?i=1765&c=2

my spreader bars made from walmart camo alumnum arrow shafts

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...r&imageuser=11

my ring buckle suspension,much better than stock webbing

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...r&imageuser=11

neo

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast