Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    One question: Are you using anything ( pad, quilt?) UNDERNEATH for warmth, other than your sleeping bag?

Images
    I don't know about cavediver2, but one of the reasons I bought a Clark was so I wouldn't have to pack an underquilt or overcover. If I can't figure out how to stay warm in the cold without the extra equipment then I might as well return the Clark and buy a less expensive alternative or make a hammock and then invest in the underquilts, overquilts, undercovers and overcovers, etc.

I was warm enough to sleep last night with a low of 38 using a 20" walmart pad, my usualy compliment of sleep clothing for cold weather, and a 40 degree sleeping bag. There is more of a wind tonight so it will be a better test.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    No I did'nt use a pad or anything I was useing a sleeping bag bought a Sam's Club some 6 years ago I am not sure what the rateing was but if I had to guess it would be somewhere around 45 or 50 degree very very thin Just a POS sleeping bag. I do have a zero degree bag that I will use when it get's colder what degree colder not sure of that yet I slept last year on the ground no tent and no tarp just out on the froze ground with a guide series self inflating pad and it was somewhere around 15 degress when we got caught out and wind was blowing some 10mile and hour so I am not sure what wind chill was but other than poly underwear and fleese hat that was it and I was again too warm had to vent several times that night.

As for finding out what I can do in this Clark only time will tell and NOGODS and a host of other folks that gave me good advice on buying my Clark Hammock my hat is off to each and everyone of you I could'nt be happyer This hammock is the S%$# I will tell all my friends out there about it and what I think about it. I am not saying that I will not buy another because sometime next month I want o buy a HH deluxe. I did order another Clark for my son yes I know I said that I would give him my tent but after sleeping in this 4 day's now I could not with out feeling bad let him sleep in a tent. He is a very you 18yr old and has girlfriend that backpack with us and she will use tent unless she desides to buy a clark herself.

So again thanks to all of you that had a part in my buying the Clark you were not wrong.

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDP-189 View Post
    mAN, tHAT'S AN intErEsTiNg POST, BUt aN odd WAY OF tyPiNg whERE yOu cAPitalIsE THe FIRST leTTer of evERY worD. I HaD NEVer tHOUGhT abouT It BEFOrE buT it's RealLY StRANge LoOKiNG.
    Not to mention unnecessarily hard to read.
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Resurrecting a 5 yr old thread.....

I use sleeping bags, including a 0 bag when it gets cold. Method for sleeping bag is the same, spread it out roughly, sit on it, lay down, zip in, etc. Place feet in bag, pull up one side (I typicaly go to the right), roll to that side, pull up other side, roll back. I typically end up sleeping with the zipper on top of me rather than the side, but it works well generally. If it's below freezing I'll end up with the zipper on the side.

Insulation wise, I got one of the HH reflective pads. They're nice. Was in a HH at 34 degrees with a 50 degree bag and backside wasn't cold with it. Wish I had my Clark back then though.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    I don't seem to have any real problems using a bag,
    stand beside the Hammock, step into the bag pulling it over my head,
    get in hammock.

Works OK . . . don't see a need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I am forever hitting cap lock by accident, and discovering it after several sentences. Truly irritating. Oh well, never had a typing lesson. Raised before the days of computer keyboards.
    Me to . . . so I slipped a knife under the button,

and flipped it out.

If I ever need the C-lock I just push it down with a pen.
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 6 feet over View Post
    Not to mention unnecessarily hard to read.
    I am not sure when i wrote that it was like that and for the life of me i can't figure out how i would have done that. and your right it is very hard to read and I wrote the **** thing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234