Tips for hanging indoors?

I am going to be attending a retreat at a church on Labor Day weekend, and the people going are have to sleep on the ground. As you have probably deciphered, I am not a fan of sleeping on the ground. So I of course will want to suspend my hammock somewhere so that I don't have a sore back all weekend.

However, I constantly look inside for places to hang my hammock, but I never find any. What are some common solutions to suspending indoors without using hooks that screw into the wall?

(By the way moderators, if there is already a thread about this, feel free to merge or delete and point me in the right direction. Please and Thank You)

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Unless there are wonderfully spaced support columns, I think I'd probably find someplace outside or bring a stand. Hammocks exert quite a bit of force on a mount when you get into one. I don't mind taking a few risks in my house, but in somebody else's house...especially that house, I don't want to break something beyond my butt.

Labor Day is plenty far enough off to get a portable stand built. Do a quick search for "portable hammock stand" and you'll find lots of threads and plans. You can also buy a hammock stand for as little as $55 and make a couple of small tweaks to it. A stand will also likely set much better with the folks that tend to the church, they won't be worried about you causing damage to the building or yourself.

JMO
    Trust nobody!

I have seen a couple threads and plans for portable hammock stands. And you are right, I probably will end up making myself one at some point anyways. Ill probably just keep it in my car at all times.

• + New Posts