Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Thanks! off to check...

ah! seems reasonable; hopefully if other things get mentioned along with hammock related items it will not cause postal fission...
    KM (who is frequently guilty of thread drift...take this post as a case in point!) my bad.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    GG 12x12
    Insulation
    MM IX dbl
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I'm updating this thread to re-post my request.

I'm grateful for the pots that Supertramp sent, and they *kinda* work with the windscreen, but it seems that the kindey-shaped German/Austrian pots are slightly too big for the windscreen. I can slide the pot in to the windscreen to cook with it, but I can't get the pot out of the windscreen when the water is boiling. And yeah, they get hot enough that I can't just grab the two pieces and pull them apart.

My web searches have turned up dry. Does anyone know of a place that still has some of these in stock? I only need the pots, but will buy a complete set if necessary, and if it's affordable. I found one place overseas, but can't afford the shipping to get the stuff to me.

Thanks for any help.

- Mark (S-4-C)

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Strapped-4-Cache View Post
    Babelfish5 got me hooked. I'm blaming him for this post.

I've hunted around the net trying to find a complete set but I'm not fast enough on the bay nor free enough with my funds to get my hands on one yet. I've managed to get a windscreen and Trangia, but not the mess kit pots. If anyone has a spare set that they are willing to part with, please PM me. I prefer the stainless, but will be happy with aluminum as well. Weight's not an issue.

Thanks!
    Your welcome.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Strapped-4-Cache View Post
    I'm updating this thread to re-post my request.

My web searches have turned up dry. Does anyone know of a place that still has some of these in stock? I only need the pots, but will buy a complete set if necessary, and if it's affordable. I found one place overseas, but can't afford the shipping to get the stuff to me.

Thanks for any help.

- Mark (S-4-C)
    They show up on EBay fairly regularly. You have to check often. They usually don't last long.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    GG 12x12
    Insulation
    MM IX dbl
    Suspension
    Webbing
    WOOT! Found me a set of stainless pots at a surprisingly affordable price, considering what I've seen them sell for lately. I had hoped to have it in my grubby hands by today, but it looks like I'll have to wait until Monday for it.

Now if I could only looks as snappy as the Swedish military guys in this pic. One of them must have been carrying two of the kits, because there's three soldiers and four mess kits in the shot. Anyone wanna do a grop buy on some of those hats?

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images
    These things are great, so keep looking for one.
    You definitely want to go the Stainless steel route rather than the aluminum ones.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    If you are persistent it can found on Ebay . I got one a couple of weeks ago for a reasonable price.
    Terry

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by dkperdue View Post
    These things are great, so keep looking for one.
    You definitely want to go the Stainless steel route rather than the aluminum ones.
    Why stainless? I ask because that's what I have and It's HEAVY! I thought that the cook set was a bust until I saw Bablefish5's video with charcoal in it. I really like the trangia burner and alcohol bottle that it came with. I bought the whole works from Cheaperthandirt.com last summer for about $10.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    GG 12x12
    Insulation
    MM IX dbl
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I got a surprise when I got to work this morning. The mailroom notified me that a parcel had come in after I left work last night. I hustled downstairs and picked up a pretty hefty, and CLANKY, package. I knew that people had said that the stainless pots were noticeably heavier than the aluminum ones, but I had no idea the difference would be this drastic.

I opened up the package and discovered that the guy I purchased the pot from sent a few extras:

It’s no wonder it took a little longer for the parcel to reach me. Not only did he send me the pots – he sent a whole mess kit! I’d been thinking about getting another setup for my wife so we both have a set. The bonus pieces in the package go a long way to making that happen.

The kit is well-used, but still in good shape. The burner shows a good bit of green crud buildup, not just oxidation, on the inside so I’ll need to do a test burn to make sure that the innards are still ok. Still, as bomb-proof as these things are I’m pretty sure that I now have a second burner to give to my better half.

Less than a month until I head to Tallulah Gorge and use it in the field!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12