GG 12x12 modded
    Insulation
    DIY quilts
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images

Hennessy Discount

ok so i got a new job as of about a month ago at Mystery Ranch,
    the coolest backpack company in the world.
    anyways we have a huge list of venders that we get good deals on, and hennessy happens to be on there at a whopping 50% off, so while i love my warbonnet, and have made a few of my own, i figure at 50% off i might as well get one to see what all the fuss is about.
    i was looking at the deep jungle.
    has anyone had any experience with it,
    im glad they started coming out with the side zipper, and though i have an underquilt, i like how that one has a double layer,
    thanks for your help.

Hammock
    SBP
    Tarp
    Ewotah 10x10
    Insulation
    USGI Woobie
    Suspension
    JRB
    Can I have your life?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0/DIY 1.1 camo
    Tarp
    GG 12x12 modded
    Insulation
    DIY quilts
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    for the mystery ranch part or the discount part?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    The Deep Jungles are fine hammocks. Feels the same as the Explorer models, minus the bottom entry. I really like the fabric they use; very soft. The double layer is a nice option for a pad user. The Deep Jungles are my favorite HH model so far.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    SBP
    Tarp
    Ewotah 10x10
    Insulation
    USGI Woobie
    Suspension
    JRB
    BOTH of course

Hammock
    BB 1.1 + 1.7DL, TRAV 1.7DL, HHEXPLR
    Tarp
    Superfly, HH Hex
    Insulation
    3S Incubator & CN
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Dutchies
    That is awesome that you are working for them. I knew that Dana Designs went out of business, but am super happy to see that Dana Gleason has started up a new company. Dana Design packs were by far my favorite company for packs. They are so comfortable and carry a load like no other. I have a Dana that I bought a over 10 years ago and use it a couple times a year for longer trips, and have never had a problem with it.

I also ordered my first hammock, HH Explorer Deluxe w/ hex tarp, last week. UPS said it should be here today. Will give it a whirl over the weekend and let you all know how it goes.

Horray for HH and for Mystery Mountain!!!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0/DIY 1.1 camo
    Tarp
    GG 12x12 modded
    Insulation
    DIY quilts
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    i still have a little while before im eliable for the discount, but i think i dont have a choice but to pick one up.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
    i still have a little while before im eliable for the discount, but i think i dont have a choice but to pick one up.
    I think at 50% off for new, I would have to pick up another UL Explorer or maybe a Safari or maybe a Deep Jungle.

If I did not get the DJ (and I'm really curious about that DJ reflective bubble pad) I would probably have a zip mod added by 2Q. So, you say, Hey Dufus, why not just get the DJ and be done with it and save money and shipping? My first 2 hammock trips (each ~ a week)were with an HH Explorer UL. So I cut my teeth with that bottom entry, and sometimes I think I still kind of like it. Go ahead, call me crazy! It really never was any problem at all for me to use (after the learning curve). And I got really speedy with entry and exit, even when using the SShelter.

What I did NOT like about it was not being able to reach out once I was in. To get something or to adjust the SS or whatever. And not being able to get the net out of the way for use with a PeaPod. Other than that, I really don't have a problem with the original stock entry method, and sometimes I think it is pretty nice. So, zip mod if no DJ.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have the Explore Deluxe with side zip. The 210D Oxford nylon is very smooth and soft, and oh so comfy. The size of the hammock is also nice (I am a big guy, and was cramped in the Expedition). I believe the difference byetween my hammock and the Deep Jungle is mine is a single layer hammock, whereas the Deep Jungle is a dual layer hammock.

So far, I have 4 multi day motorcycle trips out in the Explorer, and had a great sleep every night out. I'd wake in the morning feeling great.

Just be sure to get a set of longer tree straps. The three footers that come with the hammock are limited. I ordered the 9 foot straps, and believe me, I found I needed them.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroLozen View Post
    That is awesome that you are working for them. I knew that Dana Designs went out of business, but am super happy to see that Dana Gleason has started up a new company. Dana Design packs were by far my favorite company for packs. They are so comfortable and carry a load like no other. I have a Dana that I bought a over 10 years ago and use it a couple times a year for longer trips, and have never had a problem with it.

Horray for HH and for Mystery Mountain!!!
    Yup, mine too! It breaks my heart to put my Dana Designs K2 Longbed up for sale, but i never use it anymore. Best external frame pack ever made!

BF

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast