Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
Respectifully ... I think you're over complicating the situation. As rigged in a suspension ... there is no adverse geometry and it works quite easily.
Not really - I have experienced situations with biners in the suspension where the geometry excluded pulling the cord against the gate to remove. I know I have experienced this, but didn't take specific note of the exact details and so it would take me a long time to reproduce. We moved from the Hennessy knots to webbing and then back to rope and carabiners and used several variations on the carabiner set-up until we finally dropped the carabiners and simplified with bowline knots and then simplified even more with splices and Lanyard knots which is where we are now. So I've used carabiners a lot in the suspension and run across a lot of variations on the rope/carabiner geometry. Some variations only once or twice or thrice thankfully. Our journey down the suspension discovery path has taken us from simple (the Hennessy lashing) to heavy and bulky (webbing and cam buckles and then rings) and then to light and complex (rope and rings - 2 variations - and then rope and carabiners - I lost count of the number of variations) and then to lighter and simple (rope and bowlines) and then to lightest and simplest (rope and splices). It's been delightful and a great learning experience watching TeeDee work and think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
But like most things in life we can agree to disagree ....
Agreed !!!!