Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    byer parachute
    Tarp
    Zeltbahn
    Insulation
    sleeping bag + pad

Arrow clark, hennessy, or warbonnet

Hey, I'm just getting started in hammock camping, and I am wondering which one should I go with. the Clark UltraLight Jungle Hammock, the Hennessy Hammock Explorer Deluxe A-sym, or the Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer 1.7oz. I weigh 210lbs. and would like to have a strong hammock so i can put my pack (between 25-50lbs including pad and sleeping bag) ether in or on my hammock. As I said I am new to hammock camping and do not have any gear special to hammock camping, so i also need a tarp, and suspension gear . And It would be nice to have a pocket on the bottom of the hammock so i could store gear in it, but if it doesn't have one I can add one. the only problem with that is that i am not totally confident in my sewing skills. my price range is $250. the climate i live(north central Texas)in is usually humid and rarely drops below 40 even on winter nights. Also, in case you didn't know , Texas is a mosquito farm in the summer, a junebug colony in the winter, and spider-land during the whole year.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    I can't speak for the Clark, but I have both Hennessy and Warbonnet. Warbonnet is my preference because of the shelf and zipper and general feel, but there isn't anything wrong with a HH. The HH is less expensive and will come with a tarp, and Tom is making zippered versions now. Both come with complete suspensions, but the WBBB is much better than HH if you get the webbing. It is also easy to switch the webbing for whoopies--can be done in minutes.

HH has a pouch on the ridgeline that doesn't work well for me because it has a diagonal separating stitch through it. Things always seem to fall out. WBBB has nothing up there, but glove hooks are cheap. There isn't a pocket on bottom of either HH or WBBB. The double layered WBBB would help with mosquitos and allow a pad to be inserted, but HH is also making double layered hammocks now.

+1 for a zippered HH. They're most cost effective and generally lighter weight.

You might consider the HH Deep Jungle xl. And Hennessy is now making a tarp with doors as an option. I like my Deep Jungle.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Downy goodness
    Suspension
    webbing
    +2 on a zippered HH. I pulled the dividing stitches out of my ridgeline pocket and re-sewed them for specific items. Easy. The HH is a great system that works well. In your price range too. You could go for the Explorer Ultralight and save some weight over the Deluxe Asym. Love mine.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by linksgard2 View Post
    . . . I am wondering which one should I go with.
    the Clark UltraLight Jungle Hammock, the Hennessy Hammock Explorer Deluxe A-sym, or the Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer 1.7oz. I weigh 210lbs. and would like to have
    a strong hammock so i can put my pack (between 25-50lbs including pad and sleeping bag) ether in or on my hammock. As I said I am new to hammock camping and do not have any gear special to hammock camping,
    so i also need a tarp,
    and suspension gear .
    And It would be nice to have a pocket on the bottom of the hammock so i could store gear in it, . . .
    my price range is $250. the climate i live(north central Texas)in is usually humid and rarely drops below 40 even on winter nights.
    Also, in case you didn't know , Texas is a mosquito farm in the summer, a junebug colony in the winter, and spider-land during the whole year.
    I would say that all your needs points to the Clark UltraLight Jungle Hammock

But that could just be my sence of humerus
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Dream hammock raven 7364
    Tarp
    Oes,Supper Fly.
    Insulation
    Jacks r better.
    Suspension
    Loopalien,amsteel
    If You Have Bugs A Hennesy Bottom Entry May Shine.

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    Quote Originally Posted by jtbradyl View Post
    You might consider the HH Deep Jungle xl. And Hennessy is now making a tarp with doors as an option. I like my Deep Jungle.
    people keep saying this... WHERE? it may just be because its early in the morning but i cannot find this on their sit....

it may be in the pipeline but i dont think its available yet.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge/HHEXUL
    Tarp
    Varies by weather
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    "only the paranoid survive" - Andy Grove, Intel

Search engines are your friend. Use "Site:hammockforums.net" in your search string.

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    i meant the door option... not the deep jungle... thats on their main page.. im not that special. but thank you anyway.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast