hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner

hennessy fly with doors myth.

People keep on telling me every time i mention getting a new tarp that i should hold out for this amazing tarp made by hennessy thats going to have doors on it.

well i got a bit tired of no one ever having any evidence to back this information up. it was all rumour and hearsay.

i regularly chat with the amazing Ann at customer services and asked her about this mythical tarp and got a response from James and it read as follows.

Hi Jimmy,

We are going to be releasing an asym Hex Fly with a catinary seam in the middle. Instead of having opening and closing doors it will have triangular storm panels that you will be able to attach or detach when needed. This fly will come in two different sizes and a variety of materials and colors. We are expecting these to be released around the end of August or September.

Best regards,

James

so there we go. sounds interesting. i wonder how much its going to cost and how much it will weigh!!! back to the email me thinks.

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Sounds neat, especially considering how reasonably priced their stuff is, not to mention great customer service.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Sounds like they'll be implementing something very similar to "Grizz Beaks" on the new tarps.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY Bridge/HHEXUL
    Tarp
    Varies by weather
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Or Warbonnets doors

http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/tarps.php

Thanks for putting the rumour to rest.
    "only the paranoid survive" - Andy Grove, Intel

Search engines are your friend. Use "Site:hammockforums.net" in your search string.

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    i just cant visualize it in my head though to be honest. dont really understand what its supposed to look like.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    They offered my one, sent me a pic. I deleted the email though. I ended up going with an oversized Expedition Tarp with Cat Cut Sides "although I cant really tell it" and a supper shelter under so that I could have the best of both worlds, Light and airy in summer and weather sheild in winter.

anyway, i wasnt very impressed. it was strange to say the least, but everything is in the begining.

If you can imagine your stock hennessey tarp with one side of the asy with an attached door panel that will fold over to the other long edge of the opposite side, essentially closing off the end of the tarp.

"dirt"
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak-Man View Post
    They offered my one, sent me a pic. I deleted the email though. I ended up going with an oversized Expedition Tarp with Cat Cut Sides "although I cant really tell it" and a supper shelter under so that I could have the best of both worlds, Light and airy in summer and weather sheild in winter.

anyway, i wasnt very impressed. it was strange to say the least, but everything is in the begining.

If you can imagine your stock hennessey tarp with one side of the asy with an attached door panel that will fold over to the other long edge of the opposite side, essentially closing off the end of the tarp.

"dirt"
    ahhhh that explains it a bit better... so just elongated on opposite sides so that it can fold over??? sod it i'll get the 30d hex instead. spending masses of time in the jungle every year i dont really need 4 season anyway to be honest... just thought it sounded interesting. need it to be as light as possible and able to use it with out the hammock if needs be so the hex is a better shape.

I know there are 3 types. One probably polyester; one silnylon and a heavier duty one with a polyurethane coating.

• + New Posts