JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    OES 4 season
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com

Hello from Quad&Boatcamper

Hello to everyone. My login name says it all. I am not a hiker. I camp from my quad (2008 Can Am Outlander) and from my boat (1981 Gregor 14 ft. aluminium v hull). When family camping I take my wife and daughter in a 30 ft. travel trailer.

I enjoy long distance back country quad rides. Usually 2 day, 100 mile long back country rides with a one night campout. My fishing trips are to small remote lakes in deep canyons, also with a night or two camping out.

For years I have taken big heavy gear with me and way too much of it. I slept in a tent, on the ground, and could never find a camp spot fairly level or without huge rocks scattered all over.

About a year or two ago I heard of lightweight backpacking. I did some research, watched a lot of videos on youtube, and decided I need to use that type of gear on my trips. Of course, I ran across Shug's videos on Hammocks (Enjoy your performances Shug) and alot of other videos that directed me here to hammockforums.net.

I took the plunge. Again I am not a hicker. I purchased a cheap 3000 cu.in. backpack to use as a gauge in selecting gear. If it doesn't fit in the pack, it don't go. I've slowly transitioned over to lightweight gear and have come to the point of decidding what type of dwelling/shelter to use.

I just purchased a Hennessey Hammock Expedition Asym Zip and Hex tarp. All the associated hardware is stock Hennessey. I've set it up in the backyard and hungout for awhile. I haven't slept in it yet. Planning on doing that this weekend.

All in all, I have really enjoyed learning about lightweight camping gear and how to make my own gear. To that I owe a thank you to many of the Hammock forums members. Thank you. I look forward to learning more and someday sharing my experience with others.

Quad&Boatcamper

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome to the forum.
    You've selected a very comfortable hammock and what many on here consider the gateway drug to this addiction. A lot of us started with the HH Asym. If you find you don't like the birth canal entry and exit, look up the thread from 2Questions to have a zipper added to the top side.
    You'll find that we like pictures on here. Looking forward to seeing some of those remote lakes in the canyons.

swampfox
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Looking forward to your trip reoprts.
    Welcome to the madness.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Congo rats and welcome.

I think you will be glad you got the zip version. I don't mind my bottom entry hammock a bit at all. But it would be cool to be able to get in from an unzipped side and keep my insulation in place without hassle.

Yep, this is an addiction. I started out 5 years ago in a Hennessy Exped Asym, and now I'm working on making DIY camping hammocks for almost everyone I know lol. Don't let the bug bite you too bad. Maybe throw some netting over yourself before you come to the site more. Maybe it'll help some.
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Welcome to HF!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome to the best forum on the web. How you get to your chosen hanging location makes no difference to us. Whether it is walking, riding, paddling or what ever. We are all hammock hangers at heart.
    Terry

Hammock
    BMBH / WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    GH Incub/JRB Sniv
    Suspension
    1" webbing

Howdy Quad&Boatcamper from a fellow AZ hanger

I too am new to hanging & this forum. Spend most of my outdoor time in North Central AZ & Lake Powell, a few more trees up here & a little cooler . Good to hear from fellow Arizonians. Like you I have found this site to be friendly & informative.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Travel, Parachute
    Tarp
    Noah 12
    Insulation
    A work in progress
    Suspension
    noose
    Welcome, you will find every thing you need to know here and more!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    OES 4 season
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Thank you to everyone. I'll post some pictures of this weekends trip, when I get back.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Welcome Quad&boatcamper!,

Great to see more people in Arizona joining the forums. That being said I figured id join in and say hello!(i don't post much as you can tell ). Also you will find everthing you need to know on how to make your hanging the best it can be.

Anyway I too started with the HH exped although i have the bottom entry(didn't have zip when i purchased mine), none the less a great setup you won't be disappointed. The experience has defiantly inspired me to get out and enjoy the woods a lot more, i mean there's nothing better then going from the ground to floating on a cloud .

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Colton.

• + New Posts