Quote Originally Posted by altruistguy View Post
Sadly, it looks like the Vario Hammock Stand has been discontinued by its manufacturer (Byer of Maine). But Byer of Maine is still selling the $39.95 Vario Hammock Extender -- which hopefully would make the Vario Hammock Stand amenable to use with a Bridge -- IF you already have one.
Thank you for the information. That is truly sad. I do not know the reason it would be discontinued, but something tells me that competition from the imported knock-offs--imitations of its own product!--might have had something to do with the death of the Byer of Maine Vario :-(

What a strong and great stand it was (40 second video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBPFXgoGDBU

I'm pleased to own two Byer of Maine hammock stands, plus the 20" extender (which I have never had to use, but may well be perfect for a bridge hammock). I will treat them with increased respect from here forward...lol. I don't really need two, so if someone wanted to buy one from me ($150, $20 extra for the extender) and pick it up (central IL), I'd consider it; I need a pair of inline skates. LOL (I have to stop investing in hobbies like hammocking and inline skating that are "so ten minutes ago", less popular than a pet prairie dog; what's my next obsession...tie-dying t-shirts?)

Cheers.