Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    well tonight i was in Michigan again and the sale was still on at 14.99 (MC Sports) but they only had 1 left so i grabbed it and now have 4 (5kids).i think they are a great little hammock for the price and i'm starting to think they are more comfy than my ENO single.we string them up around their play centre and they spend hrs everyday in them but i would not hesitate bringing them on the trail
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20522

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    ...sale was still on at 14.99 (MC Sports) but they only had 1 left so i grabbed it...
    I also ran out yesterday at lunch & got the last one at my local MC Sports for 14.99. Too many other projects going on right now & didn't have time to even take it out of the box last night. I'll fit it with whoopies & a ridgeline when I get a chance.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch

re-sold

the gt ul was the second hammock i got after my wbbb 1.1 dl.
    i am now completely resold on this hmmk.

the material feels by touch to be the same, or very similar to what brandon is using
    for his 1.7 singles. soft without being silky or slippery, and very comfortable.

i'm 5'7" , 165 lbs. and really am beginning to like the smaller size of the gt ul, even when
    compared to my wb traveler. it seems to be a perfect fit, with no extra fabric hanging around me. and, outfitted with dynaglide whoopies, its featherlite.

i've had it in the backyard all summer, and now in my basement. at 15.99, i wasn't expecting much, but having some hanging under my belt, it truly is one of my favorites.

now the question, do i take the gt ul or the wb traveler out tomorrow night???
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    GT UL and Home Made
    Tarp
    Home Made sil
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ Homemade
    Suspension
    Home Made Woopies
    I have one also, great little hammock. I have more money in to the rigging of the GT than the hammock itself.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    the gt ul was the second hammock i got after my wbbb 1.1 dl.
    i am now completely resold on this hmmk.

the material feels by touch to be the same, or very similar to what brandon is using
    for his 1.7 singles. soft without being silky or slippery, and very comfortable.

i'm 5'7" , 165 lbs. and really am beginning to like the smaller size of the gt ul, even when
    compared to my wb traveler. it seems to be a perfect fit, with no extra fabric hanging around me. and, outfitted with dynaglide whoopies, its featherlite.

i've had it in the backyard all summer, and now in my basement. at 15.99, i wasn't expecting much, but having some hanging under my belt, it truly is one of my favorites.

now the question, do i take the gt ul or the wb traveler out tomorrow night???
    I know what you mean about smaller sizes. I recently picked up a Hammock Bliss Ultralight and a ENO Pronest (on sale) because I wanted smaller hammocks for my wife and I for day hiking and I find them every bit as comfy as my larger hammocks for lounging. I have slept in them overnight and they were pretty good but for overnights, the bigger hammocks are a little more comfortable. I'd like to pick up one of these GT UL's but shipping to Canada from some places is ridiculous.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    I have the Grand Trunk UL Camo. Works perfect for me and is ultra-lightweight. Really all I need in a hammock. I can wrap my Exped Wallcreeper around it like a PeaPod. I also use my custom made WPB GoreTex "Bivanorak" as a wearable bivy/hammock sock to keep my goose down dry and add an extra layer to hold in warmth. I gave my HH ULBA with #2 zipper mod to my brother to get him into hammocking. I realize I just don't need all the extras and weight of higher-end hammocks. Not that it's a bad thing, this just works perfect for me! Try one, and for the price, you won't be disappointed.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    $14.97 for a Forest Green Travel Hammock UL (Grand Trunk)!!!!!

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net...?a=435127&pn=1

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    AMAZON has them for $18.
    Check out the photos on the left, mine is the middle shot with green hammock and blue top quilt. This was taken back in the day, along the Randolf Canyon area in the central Superstitions. I still use it on occasion, as i did on the W. Clear Creek AZ hang back a few months ago.
    I changed out the suspension to whoopies and it now weighs 12oz
    It has held up well.

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben,12x8.5
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Wopi,Togl,TreHugr
    The ultralight GT is the first hammock I have had so I can not really give a good overall comparison. I kinda do not see the point in sacrificing a couple oz's for comfort in my opinion. Truly if I had the option I would not be using the GT I would have a bigger better hammock most likely the WBBB (War Bonnet Black Bird). Unfortunately I am short a few shekels. Although I would own a GT ultralight so that I have the option to carry less weight in the overall scheme. Now I have used my GT ultralight around 10 times which would include my first and last hangs ever in a hammock. The first hang i did not have a structural ridge line which caused the hammock to feel shallow but I did have a pad and extra sleeping bag for insulation in the hammock and I did not understand the concept of sleeping at an angle so I was like a banana. After this trip I set up the hammock in the backyard and experimented for a week sleeping outside in the winter so I was also testing different ways to insulate. I found with my gear and for my preference w/o an UQ I liked the thermarest pad bottom line. After setting up a ridge line which gives a little extra sag and hanging the hammock just right from the trees getting the suspension just right is important and getting the diagonal lay I was pretty comfortable and did not feel as shallow but just right as far as I could with a pad which still slid around. Now that I am making an under quilt from climashield xp 5.0 double layer I will further be able to enjoy this hammock and test its comfort and reliability. Over all this hammock is economically inexpensive, a good hammock compared in price and weight and use. This is a great hammock if for youngsters although I just went to my local SAS fabric store and bought 14 yards of camo ripstop and will make two hammocks for them for Christmas. Well I am going will take pictures and document my DIY projects so check in at my page in next week after Christmas and I should have some cool pic's of that laters. Oh yeah making 3 under quilts all double climashield 5.0 full length two for youth ages 9,6, and of course one for myself.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Trees View Post
    $14.97 for a Forest Green Travel Hammock UL (Grand Trunk)!!!!!

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net...?a=435127&pn=1
    I ordered two this morning just after you posted this. Thanks.

The vendor shipped same day, and the shipping was very reasonable ($6).
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast