So I've setup the new Blackbird on the side yard of my house a couple times now, and lounged in it...but last night was my first attempt at actually spending a whole night in it (got a little grief from the Fiance about it too! ). This is my first hammock, so bear with me, and I'm open to any guidance.

I went to "bed" around 10:30pm, which is early for me, expecting to read for a bit then really try to hunker down for the night.

I swear I was zonked out in 30 minutes...and I usually don't fall asleep that quickly...the gears are always turning in this birds head, so I don't nod off easy.

I woke up almost 1am though, a little chilled (it was dropping to 60 and I have zero insulation), but that's not what was bothering me. My knees were hurting.

I'm a side sleeper, and I guess the slight curvature of the hammock was putting pressure on my knees (bending them sideways) and it was just more than I could handle for the whole night. That, and some little bug snuck in there with me and must have been nibbling on my hand as I had several little bites (and I'm allergic to many bug bites). So I just called it a night and went back to the house and into bed.

It was weird getting into a bed after the hammock...the hammock is really more comfortable, but I need to re-hang it or something...I just can't take this bending on my knees. If I can't figure this out, I may have to sell the Blackbird and...ugh, go to ground...