DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Great video, great kids, great time in the Big Ditch

Loved the Praying Mantis petting scene. That's gotta be a first

Thanks for taking us along

2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great video, I laughed hard at the snot worm!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Great video,
    That trip had everything... beautiful scenery, a really cool cave, cooking, a Dad and his boys out doin' stuff, and I loved the Slingblade impersonations.
    It just doesn't get any better than that.
    Can't wait for the next one.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies, adj web
    great video! looks like you guys had a good time.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    That was great! Loved it! And I hope all three of y'all can make it back to tha gorge in Oct.

That boy's goina give Shug a run for his money in stove videos

Good to see the ol Cowboy Hotel... & The Conley Cave too!
    They're right across the Conley Cove Highway from each other ya know.

Hey, next time ya need to get water from a seep like that, take something like a trash bag & lay it out under the line of drips coming from the seep.
    You may need to use sticks & rocks to raise the edges & form a basin, but you'll collect more water in less time. then dip & pour into your filter bag
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp & OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Hey Salty,
    I think they will have some kind of an award for you and the boys in Hollywood this fall.

That was one of thee best trip reports I have ever seen, you actually showed children doing what comes natural when going into a cave and experiencing the cool air. The water supply might have been slow, but it was there, and that is what counts when it is hot. Besides ya'll got to go swimming in the the Linville River and that my friend is a real big plus in my book anytime.

I subscribed to your YT channel, so now you had better make more videos, or else I will request that Ken and HawkEye do not give you anymore gorge trip details in the future pal.

Happy trails,
    Barefoot Child
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl Coyote Brown
    Tarp
    Superfly, MacCat
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3UQ,Yeti
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Burrito View Post
    Your kids snot rocket was priceless!! I was rolling!
    I can't wait to meet ya' in the Gorge this fall. We're all gonna have a great time!!
    I'm looking forward to meeting you, too, Hangin' Burrito. Elliott sure felt better after that thing came out. He probably dropped 3 oz of weight. Nasty, though, weren't it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
    That was a first class video all the way. You have a couple of great looking boys there. They do ya proud. I am sure that is an adventure that the three of you will cherish forever.
    Thanks, Poppabear. They are great boys. I'm real proud of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I like the way you guys talk too!! Great job on the video guys. Looked like a lot of fun was had. Sorry the water supply was so low. I'll bet it's different today!

Good job Gorge Rats!

Ken
    Thanks, Ken. It was a lot of fun. I know that's right on the water supply, now. I bet Blue Jay looks like a real waterfall, now. It's an honor to be a Gorge Rat!

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    I like the way you make videos! You are three hoots!

If'n I ask real polite, would you make another, please?
    Thanks, MacEntyre. As soon as my new camera comes in, we'll be back on the trail shooting another video. BTW, Elliott (younger son) gave you a nickname. He was calling you Macadamia Nut. I'm not sure where that came from, but I told him you would probably think that was funny. At least, I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Salty them boys and you are true first class goofus Gorge Rats! My kinda people! Truly one of the best trip videos I've had the pleasure of watching!
    Wow, thanks for the kind words, Hawkeye. You certainly set a high standard to strive for with videos. Your videos are awesome. It was fun. I think with some better software, it will go much smoother for me next time. I was using Movie Maker, and it's pretty limited and time-consuming. I had already decided pretty early on that you and Ken are my kind of people, too.

Quote Originally Posted by medicjimr View Post
    That rocked Shug has some fans and some competition going on
    Medicjimr, isn't everyone a fan of Shug? His videos introduced me to this forum, as is the case for many people who found their way here, I'm sure. My boys even call him Uncle Shug, so he's already been adopted. We'll never be able to give Shug competition, though. We do seem to share a lot of the same interests in food and entertainment...I've grown up eating livermush, potted meat, BBQ, naner puddin, etc, but I'm not much on strawberry milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    That was entertainment in a single SPAM pack!!!!
    Ol' SnotSlinger and BolognaBoy are quite the spirited hikers .... just the right amount of doof in 'em to handle the Gorge .... loved all of ya'lls smiles, fun and enthusiasm.
    Be proud to hang with ya'll in the gorge anytime.
    Was the bear poop on Rock Jock ?.....cool!!!!
    Get that Elliot a netti pot. Fisher is a very good host on camera. you ain't to bad yourself Salty.......
    Tonys .... make me quite hungry.
    Shug

How did you get a 14 minute video on Youtube?
    Thanks, Shug. We'd love to hang with you, too. We were sad to hear you won't be able to make the October hang. That bear poop was on Rock Jock just past Lost Dog loop, I think. Never saw a bear, though. We have a netti pot! Those things really work if you can stand warm water floating around your brain. Fisher makes a much better host than me. He likes making videos and has some where he sounds like a newscaster...plum professional. Tonys is mighty fine. RO's is still around, too. Ever eat an RO's BBQ? It's not really BBQ, but it's a great sandwich. As for the 14 mins, that surprised me, too. I was all ready to cut up the video, but when I logged in, it said I could upload 2 GB or 15 mins. I signed in with my Google account. I don't know if that makes a difference or if they've just recently increased the max time.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Fantastic video and what a fun trip!
    Thanks, NCPatrick. And just like a great party, it took us a few days to recover from that fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinasbackpacker View Post
    Looks like you guys had a great time! That brought back some memories of being there at the end of July!
    CBP, I shot a double-hemlock scene near the cowboy hotel on Conley, but I just didn't pull it off as well as Squatty, so I left it out. Actually, there were some hikers ahead of us, and I was a little worried I would give them the willies carrying on about "What does it mean...a double hemlock".

Thank you all for the nice comments!!

Salty

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl Coyote Brown
    Tarp
    Superfly, MacCat
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3UQ,Yeti
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Running Feather View Post
    Great video, great kids, great time in the Big Ditch

Loved the Praying Mantis petting scene. That's gotta be a first

Thanks for taking us along ]
    Thanks so much, Running Feather. I don't know what made Elliott try to pet it, but that mantis didn't seem to care about anything except holding onto that skink tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    Great video, I laughed hard at the snot worm!
    That scene went on for quite awhile longer on the trail. I laughed so hard, I was crying. I could barely breath after that. Dang, that was nasty!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    Great video,
    That trip had everything... beautiful scenery, a really cool cave, cooking, a Dad and his boys out doin' stuff, and I loved the Slingblade impersonations.
    It just doesn't get any better than that.
    Can't wait for the next one.
    Thanks, Swampfox. We've been Slingblade fans long before I discovered Hammock Forums. I have a bad habit of picking up quotes from movies and using them in everyday life. I have to say, I did the finest Slingblade impression of all time. NO! NO! Kidding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by choptop48f1 View Post
    great video! looks like you guys had a good time.
    Thanks ChopTop. We had a ball. It was just too short.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    That was great! Loved it! And I hope all three of y'all can make it back to tha gorge in Oct.

That boy's goina give Shug a run for his money in stove videos

Good to see the ol Cowboy Hotel... & The Conley Cave too!
    They're right across the Conley Cove Highway from each other ya know.

Hey, next time ya need to get water from a seep like that, take something like a trash bag & lay it out under the line of drips coming from the seep.
    You may need to use sticks & rocks to raise the edges & form a basin, but you'll collect more water in less time. then dip & pour into your filter bag
    Thanks, Slowhike. My boys might come up and join me on the weekend if they can get through the traffic jam on Gingercake Rd from all those HF guys. That's a good idea on the trash bag collection. Luckily, we all had water with us, so we could cook and enjoy a leisurely lunch while the bag filled up. When I first hung the bag, there was a steady small stream of water, but by the end, I was collecting from three or four drips. We sure could have used that drip down in Conley. All of the nearby water sources were dry as a bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Child View Post
    Hey Salty,
    I think they will have some kind of an award for you and the boys in Hollywood this fall.

That was one of thee best trip reports I have ever seen, you actually showed children doing what comes natural when going into a cave and experiencing the cool air. The water supply might have been slow, but it was there, and that is what counts when it is hot. Besides ya'll got to go swimming in the the Linville River and that my friend is a real big plus in my book anytime.

I subscribed to your YT channel, so now you had better make more videos, or else I will request that Ken and HawkEye do not give you anymore gorge trip details in the future pal.

Happy trails,
    Barefoot Child
    Barefoot Child, thank you very much. Oh my! You subscribed? I didn't even know I had a channel. The pressure is on to produce, now. There is plenty of inspiration with the videos from the talented members of HF. We'll do our best. Tune in next week when Elliott has a puss-filled blister lanced.

Salty
    Last edited by Salty; 08-20-2010 at 00:05.

Hammock
    WBBB
    AWESOME!

Did you happen to find the Double Mossy Tree?

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    Cool video. I'm envious the river was so nice on your trip
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.