Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac View Post
I've been thinking about leaving a slit in the top layer, maybe with some velcro to join it together just big enough to slip a pad into. Would this weaken the hammock too much? Wouldn't have to be too long. Could be done on the bottom layer too.
On mine, I think I used a design from Risk's site or Just Jeffs. I left 2 slits open on each side at the top and bottom (4 slits total). Slits were probably 26" long each. Slits work well for adjusting the pad (or neat sheet in the summer) on all sides, but really they are too big and too many, especially since I have an UQ now. My feet occassionally end up in the bottom slit on 1 layer of fabric. It has not been a problem.

On the next one I made for a friend, I made one slit my top left should about 26" (sleep feet to the left) and a smaller one, about 8" on the left where my feet go. Put the pad in the top slit and push it all the way across to the other side. Use the bottom small slit to stick your hand in to adjust it, if needed. After doing this, two slits are fine. I like having the ability to adjust the bottom of the pad.