DIY GE, Bridge, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, OES Dlx
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3 UQ v2
    Suspension
    7/64 amsteel blue

Hammock Heavenly for Hurtin' Ribs.

I was working on a piece of equipment that was jammed and evidently was compressing my ribs against the side of it. I'm pulling with all my might when I feel a pop and a shooting pain across my ribs.

I don't think I broke any ribs, but I wouldn't be surprised if I separated some of the cartilage between them a bit. It sure hurts like hell.

This weekend I was in Colorado with my wife and kids for my Brother's wedding. All of the lifting of kids and luggage, combined with the hard hotel beds, in addition to the hiking in the mountains I couldn't resist; I hurt worse then ever. Lucky for me, lying down in a hammock supports my ribs just right, and the pain virtually disappears. I honestly didn't expect that kind of comfort in the hammock.

My wife was pretty concerned about it....Not my ribs, but the fact that I was so much more comfortable in the hammock as opposed to our bed. She's not a fan of sleeping alone. Maybe it would be better said, not a fan of sleeping without me.
    Chance favors the prepared mind - Louis Pasteur

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Yeah its cool how a hammock can make a lot of aches feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post
    My wife was pretty concerned about it....Not my ribs, but the fact that I was so much more comfortable in the hammock as opposed to our bed. She's not a fan of sleeping alone. Maybe it would be better said, not a fan of sleeping without me.
    My wife is the same way. We are going camping is a few weeks and i asked her if I could sleep in my hammock but she wants me with her in the tent. Luckily its car camping and I have a big air matress so its not too bad. I'm still bringing it though.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    me and Mrs. Grizz, ditto.
    We should form a support group.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap

Outsider?

My wife prefers me to sleep in the hammock. I finally got my indoor set up done and when I sleep in the hammock my snoring is cut in half and I can walk the next morning. (back issues) She said, "If it'll keep you from being grouchy in the morning you can stay in that thing." Of course she is kept in company from our dog, cat, and random trips from our daughter.

I have a support group, it's my hammock!

Rick

Hammock
    DIY GE, Bridge, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, OES Dlx
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3 UQ v2
    Suspension
    7/64 amsteel blue
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    me and Mrs. Grizz, ditto.
    We should form a support group.
    What do you call it when you are in bed with your sleeping spouse, yet dreaming of sleeping in your hammock? Hammock infidelity? Would we call the support group HIA (Hammock Infidels Anonymous)?

Would we create slogans such as "Our quilts aren't the only thing filled with hot air, so are our spouses!".......maybe not.
    Chance favors the prepared mind - Louis Pasteur

I noticed the same thing.

I managed to break ribs (motorcycle). Two days later I was in my WBBB, hanging in the national forest east of Albuquerque, having the best sleep I managed that week. Beat the hotel in Colorado. Beat the motel in west Texas. Beat my own bed when I got home.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post
    What do you call it when you are in bed with your sleeping spouse, yet dreaming of sleeping in your hammock? Hammock infidelity? Would we call the support group HIA (Hammock Infidels Anonymous)?

Would we create slogans such as "Our quilts aren't the only thing filled with hot air, so are our spouses!".......maybe not.
    I think "Swingers" covers the name and the infidelity at the same time,(-;
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

• + New Posts