• Mt Rogers Area

0 0%
  • (VA)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    why dont we have 4 hangouts,every body go to the one you voted on
    because i will only go to the at big south fork,4 hangouts,each group organize their on hangout convenient to them neo
    and i'll stay up north here...

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Also, it seems a real shame to abandon the idea of a central hangout at least once per year. If everyone can't or won't go, then so be it. There will never be full agreement in anything. But, that's not a reason not to have it. Getting as many members together as possible sometimes is a good thing. I would think, though, that it might be good to move it around from year to year. Mix it up so that the burden of travel isn't always on the same members. That's my .02.
    I don't think I could agree more with this. There should be a group hang.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post

I Humbly ask: I thought that bad weather was why we had the winter hangout, so why have a "bad weather date"? After all, if 5 degree temps, 50 MPH wind gusts & freezing rain like we had this year isn’t “bad weather” you are scaring me.

Doctari.
    I'm talking impassable roads and huge snow drifts neck high.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by angrysparrow
    Also, it seems a real shame to abandon the idea of a central hangout at least once per year. If everyone can't or won't go, then so be it. There will never be full agreement in anything. But, that's not a reason not to have it. Getting as many members together as possible sometimes is a good thing. I would think, though, that it might be good to move it around from year to year. Mix it up so that the burden of travel isn't always on the same members. That's my .02

QUOTE=Cannibal;33590]I don't think I could agree more with this. There should be a group hang.[/QUOTE]

WELL NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD TO GO TO THE ONE FARREST FOR THEM,I AM A FULL TIME SINGLE DAD 24/7, NEO

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    neo- not wanting to pick a fight here. I can't afford to travel to every hang either; sure wish I could. They are ALL far for me to get to.

All I'm saying is that once a year there should be a group hang. There are lots of regional hangs that move around and get closer to one place or another. But, once a year it would be nice to get as many of us together as possible. A year is a long time to be able to plan for something.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i see no reason to abandon the idea of a central hangout at least once per year. it seems like that's what the group wants to do so lets do it!

i understand that everyone can't make it. i would have loved to make it to the MAHHA camp out but just couldn't swing it.
    who knows, something could keep me from making this "Annual Hammock Forums Winter Campout.

maybe we could do an annual spring & a fall hang out for the group too?

i still hope as many as can will try to keep getting together for smaller group hang outs. especially those that live farther away from the larger concentration of HF members.

and maybe if we plan far enough in advance, occasionally one or two of the farther members would be able to work it in. who knows, we might even get one from the west coast or Canada, or Hong Kong, Australia or the UK some day
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    i see no reason to abandon the idea of a central hangout at least once per year. it seems like that's what the group wants to do so lets do it!

i understand that everyone can't make it. i would have loved to make it to the MAHHA camp out but just couldn't swing it.
    who knows, something could keep me from making this "Annual Hammock Forums Winter Campout.

maybe we could do an annual spring & a fall hang out for the group too?

i still hope as many as can will try to keep getting together for smaller group hang outs. especially those that live farther away from the larger concentration of HF members.

and maybe if we plan far enough in advance, occasionally one or two of the farther members would be able to work it in. who knows, we might even get one from the west coast or Canada, or Hong Kong, Australia or the UK some day
    one of the trade guilds i belong to does an eastern and a western conference... in hopes of snagging folks who might not be able to travel far for each event - and these tend to rotate about from north to south in the east and west. they also do regional "rendevous" on a semi irregular basis.

granted, doesn't seem like HF has enough draw to warrant that at the moment... but when a group decides to head north, i'll be a newbie thats game to hang out.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmike View Post
    one of the trade guilds i belong to does an eastern and a western conference... in hopes of snagging folks who might not be able to travel far for each event - and these tend to rotate about from north to south in the east and west. they also do regional "rendevous" on a semi irregular basis.

granted, doesn't seem like HF has enough draw to warrant that at the moment... but when a group decides to head north, i'll be a newbie thats game to hang out.
    i believe you've got a few HF members not to far away mike. just start a thread (under the "hammock campouts" forum) to see how much interest you get.
    even if you just do a weekend hike w/ one or two other hammockers, that would be a good learning experience & a chance to put faces w/ names.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    WOW... i see Turk's even signed up to try & make the trip down! good deal!

Images
    I dont have a dog in the fight because my schedule dictates if I can attend or not. However, if there is a good turn out, the Smokies wouldnt be feasible since there is a limit to the number allowed at a campsite. Let me know what the final word is and Ill try to make it. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast