Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member Highbinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    A Scot in Spain
    Hammock
    DIY + whoopie SLR
    Tarp
    Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Posts
    236
    Images
    5

    Where on earth to buy cinch buckles

    I appologise if this topic comes up often but my forum search has lead me no where as has a google search. AHE is out of stock so thats' out. OnRope1 do them too but minimum order is 4 and their checkout process won't accept my foreign address

    I'd like a pair of cinch buckles like these, that'll let me attach them directly to a carabiner.

    Any help much appreciated! Just ordered my webbing and biners to switch my suspension system but useless if I can't find buckles

  2. #2
    gunner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaufort, NC
    Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Posts
    8,079
    Images
    39
    AHE is suppose to have them (cinch buckles) back in stock in about 2 weeks. I am wating as I need 2 sets for some hammocks.
    Frosty Butt Hang Jan 2015 .................. Fat Butt Hang April 2015..........Hunger / Halloween Hang Oct 2015

    neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

    I am 18 with 44 years of experience !

  3. #3
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    6,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbinder View Post
    I appologise if this topic comes up often but my forum search has lead me no where as has a google search. AHE is out of stock so thats' out. OnRope1 do them too but minimum order is 4 and their checkout process won't accept my foreign address

    I'd like a pair of cinch buckles like these, that'll let me attach them directly to a carabiner.

    Any help much appreciated! Just ordered my webbing and biners to switch my suspension system but useless if I can't find buckles
    That buckle is actually a belt buckle.
    http://www.bisondesigns.com/node/15

    Warbonnet used to use them, and AHE sold them. As far as I know, they are no longer available.
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

  4. #4
    Senior Member Highbinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    A Scot in Spain
    Hammock
    DIY + whoopie SLR
    Tarp
    Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Posts
    236
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    That buckle is actually a belt buckle.
    http://www.bisondesigns.com/node/15

    Warbonnet used to use them, and AHE sold them. As far as I know, they are no longer available.
    Good eye there, I was on that site but didn't put two and two together. I wonder if they're rated for climbing/loads considering they're 'just' belt buckles. Seems silly to buy two belts just for the buckles but I might try and contact them directly.

    If I can't find buckles I guess I'll just have to go with descender rings

  5. #5
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    6,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbinder View Post
    Good eye there, I was on that site but didn't put two and two together. I wonder if they're rated for climbing/loads considering they're 'just' belt buckles. Seems silly to buy two belts just for the buckles but I might try and contact them directly.

    If I can't find buckles I guess I'll just have to go with descender rings
    Dunno if they're climbing rated, but they've been well tested by many on HF, with no failures that I'm aware of. There is a problem finding 30mm (1.25") polyester webbing, however. It can be done, bu there's ot much selection.
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

  6. #6
    Senior Member Highbinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    A Scot in Spain
    Hammock
    DIY + whoopie SLR
    Tarp
    Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Posts
    236
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Dunno if they're climbing rated, but they've been well tested by many on HF, with no failures that I'm aware of. There is a problem finding 30mm (1.25") polyester webbing, however. It can be done, bu there's ot much selection.
    Ah shoot if its' for 1.25" I might as well forget it, it's all 1" webbing I've bought.

    Can't even find UK based sites selling rappel/descender rings!

    /e: Got 'un http://www.honeybros.com/gbu0-prodsh...chor_Ring.html
    Last edited by Highbinder; 08-29-2010 at 12:39.

  7. #7
    Senior Member PuckerFactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW VA
    Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    Posts
    1,208
    I believe Hogg Tyed had a failure at the Hot Springs Hang last spring. That's the only failure I've heard of.

    Acer
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

    Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

    It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

  8. #8
    Senior Member bigred72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Clinton, Ut
    Hammock
    Bigred's custom
    Tarp
    Bigred's custom
    Insulation
    Bigred's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Cinch/Web
    Posts
    131
    Images
    11
    I contacted bisondesigns a couple of months back and they don't (or at least didn't) sell the buckles separately.
    Bigred

  9. #9
    dkperdue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tidewater, va
    Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Posts
    501
    Images
    7
    I've seen them used on lots of military gear, harnesses, etc.
    In the AM I am heading down to a big Marine Corps base with a lot of surplus stores around it so I will look for you, as I would also like a couple for myself.
    Later,
    DKPerdue

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,651
    These are not as light as the ones that Paul sold, but work well.
    http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.p...=118&parent=29

Similar Threads

  1. cinch buckles
    By Doody in forum Arrowhead Equipment (Home of Kick Ass Quilts)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 14:52
  2. Cinch Buckles
    By Rowan65 in forum Arrowhead Equipment (Home of Kick Ass Quilts)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 21:42
  3. Cinch Buckles available again
    By pgibson in forum Arrowhead Equipment (Home of Kick Ass Quilts)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 20:04
  4. Cinch Buckles?
    By Brian in so cal in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 16:13
  5. 2 cinch buckles
    By DuctTape in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 22:13

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •