Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders

Dynaglide

Any tips to loosen up Dynaglide (aside from cheap wine)? I wanted to make some whoopies out of dynaglide and have been having a heck of a time getting my buries through since it is so stiff. I have made whoopies before with other types of rope and have not had as hard a time as I have had with the dynaglide. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slvravn View Post
    Any tips to loosen up Dynaglide (aside from cheap wine)? I wanted to make some whoopies out of dynaglide and have been having a heck of a time getting my buries through since it is so stiff. I have made whoopies before with other types of rope and have not had as hard a time as I have had with the dynaglide. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    While I have a lot more experience with Amsteel than Dynaglide, I have made a dozen or so Dynaglide splices. What works for me is to push the cord together to make the weaving "accordion" and make the length shorter. I use a metal yarn needle that is about 2 or 2.5 inches long, and with the accordion can push it through a length that is at least x3 long before I have to completely push the needle into the bury.

The trick is though to open up the inside first with the length-wise compression. Works for me anyway.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    While I have a lot more experience with Amsteel than Dynaglide, I have made a dozen or so Dynaglide splices. What works for me is to push the cord together to make the weaving "accordion" and make the length shorter. I use a metal yarn needle that is about 2 or 2.5 inches long, and with the accordion can push it through a length that is at least x3 long before I have to completely push the needle into the bury.

The trick is though to open up the inside first with the length-wise compression. Works for me anyway.
    Grizz - I appreciate the suggestion. I had zero issues using amsteel or other dyneema hollow core rope, but the dynaglide proved to be a bit stubborn. I finally worked out a method of wriggling the bury back and forth to inch it along bit by bit. It took a bit longer, but it went through. Thanks again.

• + New Posts