BMBH, GT single para
    Tarp
    WB mamajamba
    Insulation
    walmart 40f bag UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie>togg>strap
    Images
    very nice, given any thought to some cinching on the ends?
    ...in it for pics.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by thekalimist View Post
    very nice, given any thought to some cinching on the ends?
    Thanks.
    I ran the shock cord around the corners and part way across the ends. Based on a quick test, I'm going to have to change that somewhat so that I can cinch a little tighter on the ends. But I want it to fit around the outside of my JRB UQ, so I don't want the ends too tight. They have to spread and flex to match the UQ.
    I'm thinking I may have to overstitch and lock the shock cord for a short distance approximatley halfway down each side so that the pull is equal in both directions. Also, I'm adding a piece of velcro along each side at the point the side pullouts on the WB cross over the IX UQ, in order to keep it stretched to the sides of the hammock - probably no more than a couple of inches on each side.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Tested the IX UQ last night on a Scouting activity. Not cool weather in SE Georgia just yet, but I needed a field test to find out what is right and what is wrong with the design. Temps only got to around 70 last night, with a light shower during the night. I could feel the extra retained heat above the IX liner and the cool edges of the WBBB along the sides, so I know the IX is working. How low it can go, I'll have to wait and find out in November/December.
    Pros: a plus for the insulating issue and the general fit around the WBBB.
    Cons: the shock cord and cinching ability could be better - needs more thought on where/how cord should be sewn into the UQ and a possible change to a straight poly draw cord (not shock cord). Second, the UQ needs tie outs along the sides to hold it in place underneath the WBBB and/or down UQ - it tends to slide around easily because of the slick ripstop exterior layer.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12