Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    walmart pad :P
    Suspension
    stock WBBB for now
    My walmart blue pad does not move at all in my WBBB. I will need to mod it, since its 20" wide, and I am a bit wider

Spent all my $ on the WBBB and tarp, no dough left for an underquilt

Images
    To find true happiness and the meaning of life while using any kind of pad in a hammock, just slip 'er right into a JRB BH!

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    8x10 made by me
    Insulation
    JRB winter UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    To find true happiness and the meaning of life while using any kind of pad in a hammock, just slip 'er right into a JRB BH!
    WHat is a JRB BH? What is a BH?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixitman View Post
    My walmart blue pad does not move at all in my WBBB. I will need to mod it, since its 20" wide, and I am a bit wider

I picked up a 24" wide pad and it kept my shoulders warm, the 20" I had was to narrow.
    Last edited by jeepcachr; 09-14-2010 at 10:06.

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

JRB and BH

Quote Originally Posted by jeepcachr View Post
    WHat is a JRB BH? What is a BH?
    JRB is JacksAreBetter (JacksRBetter actually) I guess. What is BH I have no idea, I already checked JacksRBetter website.

IHASTAUA folks!

(I hate American style to always use acronyms!)

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by voivalin View Post
    JRB is JacksAreBetter (JacksRBetter actually) I guess. What is BH I have no idea, I already checked JacksRBetter website.

IHASTAUA folks!

(I hate American style to always use acronyms!)
    BH= Bridge Hammock. Sometimes called a BMBH (Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock).
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    BH= Bridge Hammock. Sometimes called a BMBH (Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock).
    Yep, sorry about that, what Beep said! I forget about the new guys and guys from other countries. But, realistically, I can only type out "JacksRBetter Bear mountain Bridge Hammock" so many times.

Also, there is a "sticky" thread here somewhere containing most hammock related acronyms.

So, for true happiness and to find the meaning of life when using a pad in a hammock, just slip 'er( that is, the pad) right in to a Jacks-R-Better Bear Mountain Bridge hammock! ( AKA JRB BMBH!)

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixitman View Post

going off topic a bit here but ......
    instead of an dedicated underquilt ,
    I converted my summer weight center zip "Frog sack" sleeping bag into an under quilt. I sewed in a few loops at the foot and head end and attach the "flat shock cord" suspension lines to a biner that clips to each end. then I got a couple of over the top lines to keep it snugged up. Once done, it's clip, clip, clip and it's done, and no more adjusting needed, that is unless it's really cold, then I'll snug it up around me a bit more.

Now if it gets really, really cold I'll slip in my exped 9 dlx dam pad with my under quilt and my exped 650 wallcreeper center zip sleeping bag and I should be good down to ? don't know, hadn't been there yet, but looking forward to it!

Images
    If I got it right You were using Thermarest Neoair pad? I have been thinking to test My Exped Synmat 9 pump DLX. It is quite big 77,5" x 26" x 3,5". If it could be combined with Winter yeti that would be superb option for bottom insulation and would make it possible to camp even at coldest temperatures.

What do You think about it, should I test?
    If you are going to go with a pad anyway, it is not really needed to get an UQ. Though they will definitely work together. Though if you are going to use the UQ mostly, and just use the pad for emergency extreme cold snaps, going to ground or shelters and a sit pad, then that makes sense as a combo.

But if your going to always lay on the pad anyway, why not just use a warm enough pad(or stacked pads) to start with? Is that synmat insulated? You can go awfully low temps with the right pad or pads.

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

Synmat is warm

But if your going to always lay on the pad anyway, why not just use a warm enough pad(or stacked pads) to start with? Is that synmat insulated? You can go awfully low temps with the right pad or pads.[/QUOTE]

It is maybe the second warmest pad in the world. Exped has got similar Downmat which is bit warmer. That one has got R value of 8. Synmat version has R value 6.

I was at north where there are no woods, so I needed something almost as comfortable as Hammock. And best part of these mattresses is that they are quite small when packed and relatively low weight (double weight compared to thick CCF but takes only half the space).

At some point I will test it with BB, but I think my version is too big to fit inside it comfortably.

Images

It is maybe the second warmest pad in the world. Exped has got similar Downmat which is bit warmer. That one has got R value of 8. Synmat version has R value 6.

I was at north where there are no woods, so I needed something almost as comfortable as Hammock. And best part of these mattresses is that they are quite small when packed and relatively low weight (double weight compared to thick CCF but takes only half the space).

At some point I will test it with BB, but I think my version is too big to fit inside it comfortably.
    OK, so that is a synthetic version of the Downmat. Yep, those are really warm. So if you are going to use it, you probably won't need an UQ in addition to the pad until temps get extreme. But even when they do, it would probably be easier to stack a CCF pad under the torso area, or even full length if needed. At least with an SPE, not sure how stacking will work in a double layer BB. Considering it won't make a comfort difference, because you are already on a pad anyway.

Now, if you want to get rid of pads for the comfort of an UQ, well that's different!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast