Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Nice place!
    Was that a Pileated woodpecker or a Northern Flicker I herd at 121?
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Nice place!
    Was that a Pileated woodpecker or a Northern Flicker I herd at 121?
    A Flicker I believe.....to obnoxious for just a woodpecker!
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Thats awesome, really looking forward to meeting you as well as my wife will be glad to have some company. Thats her Idea of camping too
    That is my wife's idea of camping as well, so I'm sure we'll both be there!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/ 0* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    I took a trip over to PGFSP a couple of weeks ago and gathered some footage of the hang site. Hopefully this will all work out for a fantastic hang in the spring!
    2Q, you are inspecting the exact same site we used in October. Here is my setup for that trip. I was there with my Boy Scout Troop. Is the date for this hang going to be 4/22? If so, I may try to come out for this trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Porkroll; 11-26-2010 at 20:23.
    2019 NJ Winter Hang Coup De Grace De Grub Champion
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On. - Jimmy Buffett
    https://lighterpack.com/r/yk6y8s

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bundy71 View Post
    2Q, you are inspecting the exact same site we used in October. Here is my setup for that trip. I was there with my Boy Scout Troop. Is the date for this hang going to be 4/22? If so, I may try to come out for this trip.
    The AT Museum Society president, Larry Luxenberg, and I have been talking about a hang in the spring. He has suggested Earth Day, which is I believe April 22.

Our communication has been still very informal about the hang. He will contact the park to see what arrangements can be made for our use in the Organized Group Camping area. I think it would work out nicely.

As Larry and I talk more, probably after the first of the year, I'll update this thread.

Hope it works out. I'd be glad to meet you. Have you attended a MAHHA before?
    Tim
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/ 0* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    The AT Museum Society president, Larry Luxenberg, and I have been talking about a hang in the spring. He has suggested Earth Day, which is I believe April 22.

Our communication has been still very informal about the hang. He will contact the park to see what arrangements can be made for our use in the Organized Group Camping area. I think it would work out nicely.

As Larry and I talk more, probably after the first of the year, I'll update this thread.

Hope it works out. I'd be glad to meet you. Have you attended a MAHHA before?
    Tim
    I'll definitely try to to make this hang, I liked PGFSP when I was there. And I'd like to see the museum too. Didn't get a chance to see it with the scouts. I've never been to the MAHHA, but I hope to make one in the not too distant future. I'd be glad to meet all of the wonderful people here. I get a wealth of information every time I log in. It would be nice to put a face to the names.
    2019 NJ Winter Hang Coup De Grace De Grub Champion
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On. - Jimmy Buffett
    https://lighterpack.com/r/yk6y8s

Hammock
    HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MJB w/DIY doors
    Insulation
    DIY Insultex UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hks
    I took a trip over to PGFSP a couple of weeks ago and gathered some footage of the hang site. Hopefully this will all work out for a fantastic hang in the spring!
    Has the date been set yet? We will be on a mission trip to Nashville with Samaritans Purse 4/11-17. With all the logistics surrounding this trip, I doubt we can make it for an overnight, but hope to at least make a field trip to meet with you all and just hang out. I still have a lot of questions about hanging and look forward to picking up some tips to make my life on the trail much easier. My wife and I did a figure eight day hike last spring to Pole Steeple and Sunset Rocks, using the old rail road grade, a few service roads, the AT, and really enjoyed it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Has the date been set yet? We will be on a mission trip to Nashville with Samaritans Purse 4/11-17. With all the logistics surrounding this trip, I doubt we can make it for an overnight, but hope to at least make a field trip to meet with you all and just hang out. I still have a lot of questions about hanging and look forward to picking up some tips to make my life on the trail much easier. My wife and I did a figure eight day hike last spring to Pole Steeple and Sunset Rocks, using the old rail road grade, a few service roads, the AT, and really enjoyed it.
    The date has been set...the weekend of April 30-May1. Easter is the weekend before and would not workout for several reasons. The park management meets with the AT Museum president in January and as a result provide me with some details concerning costs and reservations for campground sites and pavilions. Stay tuned. Hope you can come.

While we're waiting for more info, begin thinking of things that can be presented, demonstrated, or shown highlighting hammock camping but not limited to it. The AT Museum president says we can have the whole weekend loaded with venues of our choosing that would be informative, interactive, and fun for the public educating folks about hammock style camping. I see this as a great opportunity to bring hammocks to the forefront. I'm hoping some Boy Scouts troops will come and check us out that weekend.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MJB w/DIY doors
    Insulation
    DIY Insultex UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hks
    The date has been set...the weekend of April 30-May1. Easter is the weekend before and would not workout for several reasons. The park management meets with the AT Museum president in January and as a result provide me with some details concerning costs and reservations for campground sites and pavilions. Stay tuned. Hope you can come.

While we're waiting for more info, begin thinking of things that can be presented, demonstrated, or shown highlighting hammock camping but not limited to it. The AT Museum president says we can have the whole weekend loaded with venues of our choosing that would be informative, interactive, and fun for the public educating folks about hammock style camping. I see this as a great opportunity to bring hammocks to the forefront. I'm hoping some Boy Scouts troops will come and check us out that weekend.

Sounds good to me, if we can’t stay the night we will make the trip just to hang out for the evening. I’m looking forward to meeting up with you all

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap

This sounds like it has to potential to be a great time. I have added the dates on my calendar. I will be watching for future developments.
    Terry

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast