Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ccathcart72 View Post
    BillyBob,
    I just got a HHSS for Christmas and was wondering about the best way to pack it up. The HH videos show that the whole system (hammock, pad and undercover) is kept together and just stuffed in a sack. Is this what you described in your post above? Also do you keep the space blanket with the system when you pack it or is it seperate?

Thanks for your input.
    Chris
    You're welcome. Yes, I mostly stuff EVERYTHING into one compression sack. By every thing I mean: the hammock, Sil-nyl UC, space blanket and HH OCF pad. I just leave everything in position, clipped into a mini carabiner rather than the stock HH Prussick hooks. Sometimes I even have left my down TOP Quilt inside the hammock before stuffing into the sack. This is a pretty good size sack. Which then compresses down much smaller. A smaller sack would make it a lot more difficult/awkward to stuff all of this stuff into the sack. While I am stuffing it into the sack, I leave the opposite end tied to the tree so I can keep some tension on it. That also makes it easier.

But I have also removed the pad and space blanket and packed it in a separate dry sack. Then, I slide large Snake Skins over the hammock and undercover, with a separate set of skins for the tarp. This works fine also.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 12-29-2010 at 23:29.

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp.
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.5'x12'
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    BillyBob,
    Thanks for the info. I am going to set my SS up this weekend and try it out in the back yard.

i just use snake skins and take out the pad. its really fast and easy and dont plan on getting the pad back in the og stuff sack unless you wanna spend half the day trying.
    so i would say use your snake skins and get another stuff sac for the pad. the pad it really light and can just be tied to the outside of your pack like a roll mat but use a good stuff sac if you do that as the ss pad is very easy to tear
    but billy bobs way sounds really easy as well just on big stuff sac to worry about

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    I'm with Blackout. I put the pad in another stuff sack and stow it in the pack, on top so I can use it for a sit pad for breaks. I don't like things hanging on the outside of my pack and while the stuff sack reduces the volume a bit, I can use the cinch straps on my pack to really compress it down.

I also take out the space blanket and fold it up because I think it makes set up a little easier.
    Last edited by CrankyOldGuy; 01-04-2011 at 11:23. Reason: Forgot about the space blanket.
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234