Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmoss View Post
    It was great to see all the cool things tnhillbilly had in prototype. Thanks for the windscreen aka metal printing press plate. Billybob58 is a cool dude, and I was glad he brought his netless HH for us to check out. Skinny Badger aka Lurker was fun, and it was neat that he just hopped on his motorcycle and rode over to play with his new hammock with us.

Fishbone will be forgiven (this time) for not bringing any instruments to strum around the campfire. And, anyone heard from peanut? It think she was getting 100 miles to the gallon of oil in her van (really!). Hope she made it home ok.

And Judy, aka cerberus' Mom, is a really neat lady. I enjoyed talking to her. It was funny how the phrase 'oh, ummm, that's my Mom' can still make my heart stop in the right situation, though.

Rocksee, we'll have to party again sometime.
    i just talked to peanuts,she made it home about 10:00pm last nite neo

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I might be up to the sugar bay camp out that is a little closer to me post dates when you can and I will see if I can make it. I am going right now to look where that is in relation to where I is.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    saturday nite dinner was great,i brought barbeque pork shoulder
    tnhillbilly made a really good peach cobbler in his dutch oven
    peanuts made a cherry and a black berry cobblers seved hot
    with a gallon of vanilla ice cream i picked up in town,last time
    we had a hangout rain man made us all a campfire pizza
    rainman did not make this trip,he fell of a ladder earlier in the week
    we sure missed him neo

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I might be up to the sugar bay camp out that is a little closer to me post dates when you can and I will see if I can make it. I am going right now to look where that is in relation to where I is.
    Microsoft streets and trips does not list it in there or not sugar bay might need a town name to find it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    i have a good friend that lives in metropolis ill that plans on coming to this hangout, neo

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Microsoft streets and trips does not list it in there or not sugar bay might need a town name to find it.
    here is some info,i hope it helps neo

its on the ky lake side,this is a very ledgable map

http://www.lbl.org/LBLGeneralMap.pdf

Images
    TNHillbilly, just tell you wife that if you get a double hammock yall could use it together. It would bring you closer together. Also, the testing in the double hammock was a scientific experiment. Very professional. Besides, you wre the one touching our butts through the bottom.

Thanks to Billybob for bringing the netless Hennessey. My mom just ordered one today. She said the talked to Hennessey, and it was the last one.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    That is very do able. in private message tell me how it is maybe I know them and we can car pool down there. I do a lot of fishing in that area. Might even bring my boat down and put in somewhere down there.

Keep me in mind I am camping this weekend at the quarry where I teach diving at.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    saturday nite dinner was great,i brought barbeque pork shoulder
    tnhillbilly made a really good peach cobbler in his dutch oven
    peanuts made a cherry and a black berry cobblers seved hot
    with a gallon of vanilla ice cream i picked up in town,last time
    we had a hangout rain man made us all a campfire pizza
    rainman did not make this trip,he fell of a ladder earlier in the week
    we sure missed him neo
    Poor Peanuts made a 9 hour drive one way! She was way tired.

We got the ice cream when Neo rode with me to town, showing me the way, so I could pick get some food items. Because I brought nothing except some dessert and apple fritters for breakfast. Partly because I almost didn't make it at all and was a last minute arrival. Then, after gorging on two helpings of barbeque and side items AND two helpings of cobbler and ice cream, Neo cracks the whip and forces several of us to go for a multi mile hike up and down the hills in the dark! I guess he was wanting to make sure I didn't get to fat from my over-eating.

But I'm sure glad I made it, because I met a bunch of fun, cool folks who happen to share my new hobby. And though I still don't have "real" names straight ( heck, I didn't even get/hear many real names), I now have their user names matched with a face. Unfortunately, Ewker had to leave before I got there. But I did hear that he managed to stay up off the ground, so that's good. And I only just now realized: that extremely sweet lady Shadowmoss is the same person who uses the signature "Bad spellers of the world Untie! ", which has always cracked me up!

I also got to see and/or try out lot's of hammocks and accessories which I had previously only seen in pictures. Fishbone's JRB NS/UQ and Tarp, Cerberus' Potomac UQ, Shadowmoss' Treklite (I think) and SNUGFIT( boy, she must be rich or something- or at least a true stay warm in a hammock fanatic- it gave me UQ envy ). Peanut's Eagle nest and of course the Claytor and camo SG Neo tarp. And it was really cool to have Skinnybadger ( a "lurker" only, so far, at this forum) show up on a motor cycle and show us his new, never opened HH ULBP, basically saying "hey, guys, what do I do with this?"! But he made it thru the 43* night ok. That sure is a smarter way to learn all about hammocks than was my method of trial and mostly error 10 miles from the trailhead on a 22* Sept Wyoming night at 10,000 feet!

Also, it was just a plain beautiful area with lot's of hammock perfect trees and just right temps and great color changes on the drive up on the Natchez Trace, a straight shot north east on the Trace from my house to the park 2 1/2 hours later. Almost no traffic both ways, and nice scenery.

I'm glad Neo put this together ( thanks, Neo! ) and glad all the folks were able to make it. I almost had to cancel, and I'm glad I didn't. I had a good time, particularly meeting all the nice people who belong to all of the user names.
    Bill

PS
    I thought Skinnybadger, Fishbone and I were off in the HH ghetto, every body in the other larger section, where the campfire and cooking/pot luck was, were in top loaders! But then Shadowmoss, I think it was, told me that TNHillbilly was also in an HH, which I did not see. I thought they had banished us HH bottom loading lowlifes to the less desireable part of the woods.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 10-29-2007 at 18:37.

Cool

Cerberus, I was not touching butts just adjusting the underquilt. You know that thing has to fit snug to keep away the cold spots. Although I'm not sure there were any cold spots when you two were in there. Also if it was cold how come Shadowmoss had skin showing where shirt should have been? I knew I shouldn't have left you two to get more batteries for my camera. I'm glad Peanuts got home ok, her old van was having issues. It was really nice for her to make that trip to be with us. Also how did the even newer than me guy, skinny badger, make it his first night in a hammock? I enjoyed all the good food, conversation, and fellowship. I'm glad everyone made it home safe, since I haven't heard otherwise. I had a great time. tnhillbilly

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast